Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/25/2006 11:28:04 PM EDT
My first post, after many many hours of reading here.. thanks to all of you who have provided so much useful information.

I am looking for input on 16" midlength uppers/rifles. Do they all have midlength gas systems, or do some possibly use a mid handgaurd with CAR gas?

Any recommondations for a 16" chromed barrel with an A2 upper? Something basic(affordable).. RRA seems promising so far.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:13:11 AM EDT
I just got a RRA CAR A4 midlength, chrome lined. I like it a lot so far. Just be careful cause they also offer the CAR A4 with the CAR gas/handguard. They also have the Elite CAR A4, which is a midlength, but costs more for just a side mounted sling swivel. Did you check out eaglefirearms.net yet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:21:50 AM EDT
CJ: does your RRA have Mid Gas for sure? RRA markets as "mid handgaurd", and I would like to be sure that they're mid gas. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:46:16 AM EDT
If a rifle has midlength handguards then it must have a mid gas system. UNLESS it has a midlength free float tube ( or rail system ) with a gas block under the tube. It is possible but not so common. I just went through RRA's Catalog and everthing I seen with mid handguards.... was a mid gas. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:14:29 AM EDT
Mid length refers to the gas system, not barrel length.

RRA is the best bargin going right now. Check Eagle firearms, too.
Top Top