Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2006 11:28:04 PM EDT
My first post, after many many hours of reading here.. thanks to all of you who have provided so much useful information.

I am looking for input on 16" midlength uppers/rifles.  Do they all have midlength gas systems, or do some possibly use a mid handgaurd with CAR gas?

Any recommondations for a 16"  chromed barrel with an A2 upper?  Something basic(affordable)..  RRA seems promising so far.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got a RRA CAR A4 midlength, chrome lined.  I like it a lot so far.  Just be careful cause they also offer the CAR A4 with the CAR gas/handguard.  They also have the Elite CAR A4, which is a midlength, but costs more for just a side mounted sling swivel.  Did you check out eaglefirearms.net yet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#2]
CJ:  does your RRA have Mid Gas for sure?  RRA markets as "mid handgaurd", and I would like to be sure that they're mid gas.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]
If a rifle has midlength handguards then it must have a mid gas system. UNLESS it has a midlength free float tube ( or rail system ) with a gas block under the tube. It is possible but not so common.  I just went through RRA's  Catalog and everthing I seen with mid handguards.... was a mid gas. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:14:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Mid length refers to the gas system, not barrel length.  

RRA is the best bargin going right now. Check Eagle firearms, too.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top