Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2006 8:52:30 PM EDT
I placed an order a few days ago, and no updates.  I checked my credit card, and no charges.  Sent emails and no reply.  Is this palce ligit, or not?

I ordered a Gemtech 3 lug mount for a trinity suppressor, and havent heard back about the order.   I tried emailing Acdofirearms to see if he had one or could get one, and no reply there either.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've placed 2 preorders with them, FN PS90 and 2000. Get regular updates. I did place an order for a barrel they advertised and apparently were out of stock. They did refund my money after a couple of emails and a phone call.
You might give them a call, or check in on their website discussion board. Destiny(board moderator) may be able to give you some direction on whom to talk with as well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a ruger P97 from them a little less than a year ago...  only problem I had is that they didnt send a  copy of their FFL with the gun...(perfectly leagal... just that local FFL thought they needed one) but impact got it straightend out quickly.
jim
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered 3-4 firearms from them, no problems. They reply in one-two days if they've not it in stock (it can happen since their web site is not 100% up2date with their inventory).
They do reply to emails in one-two days, even if a call is the fastest way to get to them.

- Ice
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I placed an order a few days ago, and no updates.  I checked my credit card, and no charges.  Sent emails and no reply.  Is this palce ligit, or not?

I ordered a Gemtech 3 lug mount for a trinity suppressor, and havent heard back about the order.   I tried emailing Acdofirearms to see if he had one or could get one, and no reply there either.  

I would call them.

I placed an order with them for something they listed on their site as being in stock... a few days later after no charges had appeared on my card, I called them and they told me the product was on backorder.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I live 10 minutes away from Impact and the times I have gone in there I was never pleased with their customer service. There are a few nice guys in there but they are the exception.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I usually only buy stuff on lay away from them.  Sometimes they are a little slow, but I dont bitch too much, since it is a nice service.  Returning emails on order status usually takes a few days, but I havent had any major problems.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I've ordered a few things from them in the past including a beowulf upper and never had a problem.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I have ordered magazines, a range bag, and various other accessories from them in the past, and had no problems.  One item, my range bag, was on backorder and they contacted me via email asking whether I wanted to wait for it or cancel the order.  Overall, I rate my experience with them as good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a PS90 on order, probably way down on the list.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I live about an hour from them and have done alot of business at there store. For the most part they are okay to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I live 10 minutes away from Impact and the times I have gone in there I was never pleased with their customer service. There are a few nice guys in there but they are the exception.  

This used to be my situation until I had to move...

Their customer service in the store went from suck to blow.  Overheard in their shop:

"They'll never repeal that AW ban, which is why you might as well get this (neutered) AR for $1099."  - August, 2004

"Kimber/S&W/Colt/Sig/Springfield makes the best 1911 hands-down."  - Insert manufacturer depending on which handgun the customer was holding.

"When I was in the Rangers (Or could have been Delta Force, I don't recall)..." - Sweaty 400lb mall ninja salesman touting the benefits of some random piece of "tactical" equipment into which he could never fit.

Personally, they pissed me off when the price on a used pistol went up $150 overnight when I went back to pick it up because I was interested.  Because of that, I'll never buy from them again unless it's something I REALLY want/need and can't find anywhere else.  Or to look at cool Class III stuff I'll never buy...

That being said, if their internet prices are OK, and they actually send stuff out and it's as-advertised, then how can you go wrong?  My only gripe is with their in-store operation, more power to them if they can supply the gun crowd online.  Just use the profits to hire decent staff.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top