Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:20:12 AM EDT
Do I need a buffer tube for the PRS?

I need to order some parts and have the magpul in the mail. Was wondering what I needed to complete it. I know I need the buffer and sprring, but wasn't sure about the tube.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The Magpul PRS fits over the standard rifle length buffer tube (reciever extension)  just like an A2 stock, (except it doesn't use the spacer.)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#2]
If you do not have a rifle length buffer and tube you will need to get one... Buffer, Tube, and Spring...
Stock comes with the screw it needs... But if you are swapping out a collapsible get these parts...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, just put my order in.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You're gonna love the PRS. I recently installed mine. If you have a standard A2 or A4. it's pretty easy. You just remove the standard stock (one screw) and store the internal spacer inside the standard buttstock-you won't need it. Then, slide the PRS over the buffer tube, insert the provided screw and tighten. Done! Fit and finish on my stock is outstanding. The adjustment wheels do require a bit of  thumb tweaking to acheive significant movement, but this stock is not designed to function like a sliding stock on a tactical carbine-different application. This is more of a "set it and forget it" type of deal. Once you've got it dialed in, you're not likely to mess with it too much. I'm extremely pleased with mine. Highly recommended.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You're gonna love the PRS. I recently installed mine. If you have a standard A2 or A4. it's pretty easy. You just remove the standard stock (one screw) and store the internal spacer inside the standard buttstock-you won't need it. Then, slide the PRS over the buffer tube, insert the provided screw and tighten. Done! Fit and finish on my stock is outstanding. The adjustment wheels do require a bit of  thumb tweaking to acheive significant movement, but this stock is not designed to function like a sliding stock on a tactical carbine-different application. This is more of a "set it and forget it" type of deal. Once you've got it dialed in, you're not likely to mess with it too much. I'm extremely pleased with mine. Highly recommended.

Cheers

UPS is scheduled to drop it off on Monday
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top