Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 10:18:28 AM EDT
I have a medium ALICE with no straps or frame.  Just wondering what everyone who uses one prefers/is more useful/is more comfortable, the standalone backpack straps, or the full metal frame
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the full frame.  For me it works and is rigid so when you have to hump ammo.

Max
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The ALICE pack is worthless without a frame.  It's mostly worthless with a frame.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, seeing as I don't have another backpack, I would guess it would be slightly more useful that carrying everything in my arms or in a garbage bag or something similar.

BTW, it was given to me when I was much younger by my uncle who has passed, so it has some sentimental value as well. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a frame.  If you have to hump any distance, or any weight, you'll be glad you had it.  My ruck has been through many miles, dropped, thrown, kicked, dragged, slept on, etc.  People can talk all the shit they want, but the ALICE will do the job.  People with much more experience than me have said they'd not rather use another ruck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had the same medium for a loooong time, maybe I am just used to it, but I have no complaints.

Logan did some magic to mine many years ago now... he has some good ideas of how to make it a little better. I would not want it without the frame -- and we all know that the ALICE frame can do one thing that nearly no other pack frame can do
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I still prefer my ALICE gear over MOLLE, and the other new styles.  

I use the Large pack with the frame and it carries what I need and is comfortable to me.

I used it for the Katrina/Rita deployment and lived out of it for 34 days.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
and we all know that the ALICE frame can do one thing that nearly no other pack frame can do hr

Whats that?  Sorry, like I said, I've had the thing in my closet for years and never realized what I "had" until recently.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Use a medium pack no need for a frame.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top