Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 4:08:45 PM EDT
I have tried to do some research on midlength uppers (16" but i would be interested in others) but i have not come up with very many results. I found the Sabre uppers on the talonarms site and a CMMG upper but that was about it. I am sure there are more options out there but i don't know where else to look. Preferably i'd like to go for a mass-produced model to keep costs down. I also intend to put some sort of a rail system on this upper with a folding front sight, so that may cut down on my options. Any sort of direction you guys could give me would be most appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like you will have to have someone build an upper for you if you want rails and a flip front sight.  There are plenty of capable vendors in the EE that can do this for you.  The upside to this is that you can get pretty much whatever you want for a barrel.

Otherwise, I know RRA produces a midlength upper with standard handguards and FSB.

EDIT:  I am just wrapping up a midlength build and would strongly urge you to look into building your own.  You need to spend maybe $65 on a barrel nut wrench and action block, but then you have the knowledge about how to strip your gun in case it ever needs fixing.  I was able to build a better gun because I could buy parts as I had money instead of trying to save up for a nice, custom upper.  Just some food for thought.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
thats sort of what i suspected, thanks for the prompt reply. i was cosidering having denny from globaltactical do this, do you guys have any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Armalite makes midlenghts with a Rail front site base that would accept a flip-up.  

www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/rifles/m15a4_carbine.htm

Ignore MSRP.  Several sellers on the equipment exchange have much better prices.

Edited to add: I'm sure you could get just an upper from someone as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of Denny's Recon barrels as a part of my build and it looks to be of superb (read: perfect) quality.  I've also just ordered parts from him and they get here FAST.  

I have also placed orders to Paul at www.bravocompanyusa.com as well, and same story.  Superfast.

Those are the only two I've dealt with, but I have heard very good things about Wes @ MSTN.biz as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't kow if this is what you want to hear about, but my Rock River middy (standard FSB) have been perfect.  Extremely well put together, and I am very happy with it.  I don't know if they offer the flat top FSB, but they do have a rail system.

-K
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top