Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 4:31:34 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting a ar-15 from the Fulton Armory, are they any good?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:24:55 PM EDT
From what I've heard they are great, but some feel they are overpriced. This is just hearsay and a friendly bump for someone who knows what he's talking about to chime in...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:22:15 PM EDT
I see them at the MD gun shows. The rifles look very nice. Only bought M1, and M1A parts from them and they have been great. But a little on the high side. But then again you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:37:49 PM EDT
You will get what you pay for. I have done quite a bit of business with Fulton, mostly parts. But I do have one of their AR-15's. Excellent service and a fine rifle put together by someone who knows what he's doing.

They can be a little 'spensive, but I like being treated like a valued customer too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:18:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 12:20:01 PM EDT by GySgtD]
I wrote their FAQ on AR cleaning about ten years ago. Wonder if they still are using it? <goes to check>

ETA> Yup.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:56:06 PM EDT
They are nice, tight, and well finshed. You could have ADCO or RBprecision build you the same set-up for alot less. Don't get me wrong, the rifles are nice, just kind of pricy for what you get. Unless you're getting a bone stock A2, most of the "custom" parts are Yankee Hill. The stocks do not use a "mil-spec" buffer tube, if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:50:06 AM EDT
He's looking at getting the A1. Anybody have any experience with those? Plus he said they're $ 800. That doesn't seem all that expensive to me. Who's making those parts for them, especially the lowers.?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:55:57 AM EDT
I stand corrected, it's $ 900 bucks. Seems pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:08:29 PM EDT
A "Hornet" (A1-type retro variant) in the stable is at 10k+/- rounds, and has been an oustanding performer. Reliability and function 100%. The trigger and action were the smoothest of any NIB rifle I've ever received. Fit and finish, the least important consideration, were also excellent and only the usual predictable wear has developed since. A bargain for the $750+/- I paid for it, and still a bargain if more now.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:51:33 AM EDT
Big bump. At the PG County gunshow today Fulton Armory had what looked like M4 clones (but with 16" HBAR bbl) for $779. I think if I shopped aorund I could get a Bushmaster M4 cline with a 16" HBAR bbl for around $750. The Fulton Armory model looks good and I am seriously thinking about getting one.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:36:23 PM EDT
Laufenberg, the original poster (my brother in law), ordered the Legacy from fulton. I can't wait to see that thing. I'll take some pics to post.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:50:27 PM EDT
i picked up and ebr upper from fulton with 20 inch hard chrome barrel i love its shoots 1/2 or better with good ammo like black hills stuff hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:04:42 PM EDT
He got it. We just gotta post pics. It's very very very nice. Those A1's are sweet. Light weight, 20" velocity, cool looks, and shoots real good. He hasn't done any real anal accuracy tests, but it's been fun zeroing it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:09:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JJREA:
He got it. We just gotta post pics. It's very very very nice. Those A1's are sweet. Light weight, 20" velocity, cool looks, and shoots real good. He hasn't done any real anal accuracy tests, but it's been fun zeroing it.

Waiting for pics...

TS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:22:08 AM EDT
I was at the gun show this past weekend and I ordered one from Fulton Armory. I found there prices to be the same or less then others that I have priced. I was seriously considering getting a Les Baer. I should have the gun next week. I ordered the jeweled trigger, 20" stainless barrel, free floated hand gaurd, and collapsable stock. I will let you know how it shoots when I get it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:43:28 AM EDT
tag. I have a Fulton lower, very nice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:30:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Millihertz:
I was at the gun show this past weekend and I ordered one from Fulton Armory. I found there prices to be the same or less then others that I have priced. I was seriously considering getting a Les Baer. I should have the gun next week. I ordered the jeweled trigger, 20" stainless barrel, free floated hand gaurd, and collapsable stock. I will let you know how it shoots when I get it.

I was at the gunshow too and I am seriously tempted. They do not say who makes their receiver, just that it is military contractor. My guess is FN makes the receiver.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:41:20 AM EDT
Cerro Forge makes their uppers...at least on the one I purchased. Safe to assume they do the lowers also?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:53:09 PM EDT
I've always been pleased with any parts I get from them.
Top Top