Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 3:19:43 PM EDT
I was wondering about the quality of duracoat and duracoat finishes.  I know that it is probably pretty good since I have seen a lot of people that have used it, but I have never really looked into it.

Is the finish more prone to chipping, cracking, or otherwise scratching then a normal AR finish?

Does it run into any issues over time with color fading or anything?

Is it difficult to apply correctly?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It will chip easier than the anodizing on your receivers, but that is because it of what it is.  

Duracoat is similar to a 2 part epoxy paint, there are several other finishes available, some of which you can do yourself, some of which are better for a shop to do.  

If basic colors are involved, I'll use Norrells just about every time, if special colors are needed, DC has more choices.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
DC has too many f*cking color choices with no way of promoting them but for crappy pictures on a web page or just as crappy pictures in a brochure they charged me $3 for that BLOWS.

I still use it though...

MORE
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top