Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 7:19:55 AM EDT
I recently bought an early upper and am wondering if anyone can help me identify the manufacturer. It's the type with no forward assist. The only markings I can find are a square with a letter C inside and a triangle with what looks like a letter V combined with a letter P.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an older Colt.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are Colt's proof marks.  There should also be a raised arrow and a R on the right side of the carry handle.  And I take it there is no forge code below that, like say CM?  If no forge code the left side of the front pivot pin lug should be counter bored.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Ekie. That's it exactly. My SP1 has an upper that looks the same but does have the C M forge marks and does not have the proofs like this one has. Is this something rare ? Value ? It is new. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a 1960's Air Force M16 or Colt's Model 604 upper receiver.  They are not at all uncommon, I sell them for $65-125 depending upon completness, and condition.  Keep in mind some are off rebuilds, and are painted black, those won't typically bring as much.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top