Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 7:19:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 11:18:43 AM EDT by nhbandit]
I recently bought an early upper and am wondering if anyone can help me identify the manufacturer. It's the type with no forward assist. The only markings I can find are a square with a letter C inside and a triangle with what looks like a letter V combined with a letter P. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:30:26 AM EDT
Sounds like an older Colt.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:28:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 10:29:18 AM EDT by Ekie]
Those are Colt's proof marks. There should also be a raised arrow and a R on the right side of the carry handle. And I take it there is no forge code below that, like say CM? If no forge code the left side of the front pivot pin lug should be counter bored.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:16:53 AM EDT
Thanks Ekie. That's it exactly. My SP1 has an upper that looks the same but does have the C M forge marks and does not have the proofs like this one has. Is this something rare ? Value ? It is new. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:52:14 AM EDT
That is a 1960's Air Force M16 or Colt's Model 604 upper receiver. They are not at all uncommon, I sell them for $65-125 depending upon completness, and condition. Keep in mind some are off rebuilds, and are painted black, those won't typically bring as much.
Top Top