Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 1:01:18 PM EDT
I finally took my new AR to the range today.  This is my first AR and the first time this one has been shot.   I was setting IBZ and having a hell of time turning the front sight.  No problem holding down the detent and keeping it down but all I had to rotate the sight with was a pair of needlenose pliars.  This was very difficult and the front sight started to get round.  I got it close, but stopped when I started doing damage.

I'm going back to the range tomorrow to shoot some more and to dial in IBZ.

Is there a tip or trick or a tool that I should be using to get that little sucker to rotate?

~ Wyatt
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#1]
tools are available and not expensive at all. they start at $5
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, they have a tool like the one posted above... You can also use the tip of the .223/5.56 bullet to push down the detent and turn the post too...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured something out.  I may get a tool next time I order something or if my dealer has one.  In the meantime, a drywall screw fits right over the front post with the corners of the square post fitting snuggly into the grooves for a the phillips head driver.

I just clamped that screw into a small pair of vise grips and that easily turns the post when the detent is pushed down.

Actually, once the front sight is set, I won't need no stinking tool.  That's $5 more for ammo.

http://www.lyzrdstomp.com/tutorial_screws/phillips.jpg
http://jamarco.com/Hand_Tools/pliers/vg1.jpg
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The tip of a firing pin works.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:01:27 AM EDT
[#5]
you all ready have all the tools you need to adjust the front site.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:08:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
you all ready have all the tools you need to adjust the front site.
www.ammoman.com/images/223GT.gif

ROGER THAT!

The FSP adjustment was designed in such a way that you do not need "special" tools to adjust them. All you need is the tip if your 5.56 bullet. Push detent pin downward with the tip of your bullet and "dial" the FSP clockwise or counter clockwise.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top