Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 5:13:21 PM EDT
Ok.. I seem to have a gas leak under the front gas block, I'm not having any problems.... yet! but was wondering if it will cause a problem latter? Brass allways falls at my 5 o-clock.
 and.... How hard is it to replase?

Ritch
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot more.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Some leak some dont, not really an issue... After the carbon builds up it should stop...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply,  Well... I guess its the first time that I heard that it was ok ... not to clean the carbon out Ritch
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Aye, the more you shoot it the less it'll leak. Eventualy it will disappear...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, its a new upper with only 120 rounds though it, next time I wont use my 4 cell maglight and magnifying glass on it
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks guys, its a new upper with only 120 rounds though it, next time I wont use my 4 cell maglight and magnifying glass on it

I'll say it... while some do leak and it generally is not a problem... No, they are not supposed to leak. The dimensions do not allow for a loose fit in the hopes that it will eventually plug up and this is something that a good builder shoot check and catch.

So, it will most likely not be a problem, but it certainly is not right... makes you wonder what else is sloppy with the build? Oh well, the firearm industry is weird, you do not get what you pay for all of the time, but you always pay for what you get...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top