Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2006 10:57:38 AM EDT
I just recently got my LMT upper & lower, I haven't shot it yet, but its failing a simple function. When I cock the charging handle back, and engage the bolt catch (to lock the bolt open), then push back the charging handle into the rifle, I cannot switch from fire to safe. I have a few other AR's and have no dificulty making the swich from fire to safe while the bolt is locked. Two questions....
1.) Has anyone had the prob?
2.) Is there a way to fix it?

My 0.02 cents; The problem is occurring because the hammer is being slightly depressed (after being cocked already) and its not letting the fire selector freely make the switch from fire to safe. Like I said none of the other AR's are doing this. LMT said there rifles are supposed to make the switch in the locked position. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead,
Francisco E
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I would make sure the disconnector moves freely and the disconnector spring is installed correctly.
Also most hammers have a slight flat spot ground on the back of them above the notch that the trigger catches in. I have seen a few that this was not done on. It could hold the trigger up in the back when the hammer is back.
There also were some triggers out a while back that set to high. All the ones I had like that could be recognized by the front two edges being blued like the trigger instead of shiny were it was ground.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The Trigger is all shiny, The hammer has a slight raise above the notch hears some pix (sorry but there a bit crappy). Let me know if this helps.
Francisco

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had any problems out of any triggers but the ones that were blued on the front surfaces. The hammer looks  pretty normal too. Looks like the M marked ones I have.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I use a small diamond stone but a Dremel and a deft hand can also do it.

.....and alcohol......right?    
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Like I've heard once here,"A good modification involves a Dremel  and a 6 pack of beer". I think it was a beer, but a 6 pack works too!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top