Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 9:11:54 AM EDT
Ok, this is not another Newb question on how to post them but............................
..............................I got this new camera and I want to know what you guys think the best back ground for AR pics is?

Please don't post your great grandmother's bedding or your floor (and feet).
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I like something Camo, but that is just me.
Try some different thing and see what you like best.
Good Luck.
TS
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You want a good neutral color, like OD. A GI blanket or tarp work great. You want the fabric to be a flat color, with no shine to it, so it doesn't reflect light or flash if any.

Shoot outdoors in natural light, slightly overcast is best, with no flash.

Now Stickman will be along to tell you how he does it. Take notes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I want to know what you guys think the best back ground for AR pics is?

Originality.  

If you look in the current pic thread, you will see a bright pink background.  It excels because it is different from the usual floor or bed picture.  However, it is obvious that very many pictures on a pink background would ruin its originality.  Not only that, but very many pictures on a pink background would start to make posters worry about you on a few different levels.

I don't recommend pink, but I do recommend that you strive to be unique.  Bold colors are fine, but natural setting work wonders, and are often even more effective.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#4]
We need a photography how-to forum here moderated by Stickman!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We need a photography how-to forum here moderated by Stickman!

Oh yea. I'd support that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The same picture can take a very different look, and it all depends on what you are looking to do.

Here are a few pictures of the same weapon.  These were taken over the course of a year or two.

First, here is an AK with equipment.  It is ok, but it doesn't say very much aside from showing different items.  Its not a great picture, but the items in it lend to support the overall picture.

Same weapon, but using a bold color to make the picture stand out.  Again, this picture isn't anything great, but the vivid color makes people take notice.

Lastly, here is the same weapon, but this time it is shown with miminal gear.  Not the best picture, but it is a clean pic, and while it was shot as part of a series, it stands well by itself.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Got any velvet Elvis paintings for backdrop?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Got any velvet Elvis paintings for backdrop?

I bet the "dogs playing poker" would make a good background too!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#9]
You could try tons of Ben Franklins like someone else did with a 1911 (I think it was).

Edit - Doh!   There goes post 1911 !

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#10]
German Flecktarn camo.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top