Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 8:27:37 AM EDT
Is there other companies that make these?     Who makes the best?       I have no experience with these but need some to make my decision!  Thanks to all!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Only beta company makes the betamag, and it's worth buying one to have
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Only beta company makes the betamag, and it's worth buying one to have

I would say that's a matter of opinion. When the AWB was in places, Beta mags were incredibly expensive ($600+) but now that the ban is dead, the going rate of $240-$270 is much easier to swallow.

With all that being said, a Beta mag for all intents and purposes is a range toy. The tests the military has done were not encouraging in regards to the Beta mags durability and reliability. Simply out, a standard USGI 30 round mag is more reliable and more durable than a Beta mag.

Even with the sunset of the AWB, I still haven't bought a Beta mag and probably never will but that's just me. YMMV of course.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Even with the sunset of the AWB, I still haven't bought a Beta mag and probably never will but that's just me. YMMV of course.

I'm with ya there. I'd rather have the $250 on ammo........
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#5]
yep they have been used in the mil for  along time, dad says he used them in Force Recon in the late 80's(El Salvador) without a single problem or malfunction
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would say that's a matter of opinion. When the AWB was in places, Beta mags were incredibly expensive ($600+) but now that the ban is dead, the going rate of $240-$270 is much easier to swallow.

With all that being said, a Beta mag for all intents and purposes is a range toy. The tests the military has done were not encouraging in regards to the Beta mags durability and reliability. Simply out, a standard USGI 30 round mag is more reliable and more durable than a Beta mag.

I agree. I probably won't buy a C-Mag either. $250.00 for something like that is better spent on ammo. I recently bought 20 USGI 30 rnd mags from 44mag.com when they were under $10.00 a piece. Now I can have 20 mags loaded (600 rounds) at my disposal, and still paid less than a C-Mag. IMO the C-Mag is nothing more than overpriced eye candy for the average shooter, especially at the range.

4X4SC
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top