Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/1/2006 1:42:55 PM EDT
Of course after putting Phantoms on most of my ARs I see the thread stating a 30% increase in accuracy with a VORTEX. Is this purported increase over a plain barrel, a birdcage or Phantom? The bottom line question; is it worth it to replace Phantoms with Vortex?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:48:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RJK:
Of course after putting Phantoms on most of my ARs I see the thread stating a 30% increase in accuracy with a VORTEX. Is this purported increase over a plain barrel, a birdcage or Phantom? The bottom line question; is it worth it to replace Phantoms with Vortex?

no.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:31:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dsg2003gt:

no.

Hard to argure with that well thought out response. Any "NO" here can rest assured be backed up by some serious statistical research....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:45:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cyclic240B:

Originally Posted By dsg2003gt:

no.

Hard to argure with that well thought out response. Any "NO" here can rest assured be backed up by some serious statistical research....

+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:58:53 PM EDT
Hey Guys, thanks for the lengthy and detailed responses..
I'm putting together an order to Brownell's. Guess I'll try just one on a long range, scoped HBAR. I'll shoot groups with the Phantom then put on a Vortex and compare groups. My son has a huge coyote problem on his ranch and has lost a lot of chickens, geese, cats and one dog to them. I'm trying to squeeze all possible accuracy out of this rifle for long range shots on the varmints.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:27:35 PM EDT

30%

--i'm sure the vortex does increase accuracy, but 30%....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:33:37 PM EDT
I'm not even sure it produeces more accuracy but if it does 30% seems a little high
Top Top