Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I thought the TA01's BDC was designed for a 20" barrel firing M193, mounted on the M16 carry handle. If so, then how does the BDC work when shooting M193 from a flatop with a 16" barrel, and when using 75gr also?

Aren't the velocities lower and shouldn't the POI change?

I have a TA01 on a 20" Gov't model and haven't had the opportunity to shoot farther than 200 yds yet.

I know about what the TA01's BDC is "designed" for - as far as what is written in the manual for mine.

I was not shooting for match accuracy or consistancy. Lets get that straight. I was simply seeing if I could aim and generally hit what I was aiming for. I experimented with the BDC marks in the reticle to see where they would hit. I was able to use the second to last line (I believe it was), to hit the 550 yard berm consistantly. From there I aimed up higher to the top of that center/left hill, just to the left and back from the truck tire and was able to use the first person-sized circle in the post to hit that spot consistantly. Now, take in mind I am not aiming at paper and am just going off the puff of dirt that is shot up when I hit that area. For whatever reason I was able to use that BDC point in the reticle to hit that distance every time I aimed there with XM193 55gr FMJ ball.

ETA: My ACOG was also sighted in at 100yds first with the XM193 as well. If you sight it in at 100yds for 75gr as well, I think the BDC is going to be off a little but not too much. At the end, I popped in a mag of BH 75gr OTM blue box and was able to generally hit the areas I aimed for including the gong/truck tire (which had a slightly louder report back) without even sighting it in first. It wasn't perfectly on like the XM193 but the POI was generally the same, with slight adjustment.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]

I've heard some claim that M855 will maintain 4 MOA at 600. In your experience, does that claim hold?

Yup. 600 meters (ca. 660 yards) 10 shot groups w/ Lake City M855, my 20" bushy flattop and a TA31RCO ran around 18" or so. I am confident that with practice, I can hit the chest (shoulder to shoulder) of a man-sized target 75% of the time at 800 (half mile). In short, M855 holds 4moa pretty far out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top