Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 5:45:56 PM EDT
Please help!

I'm looking for a Colt M16A1 upper receiver for a clone project and I was wondering if anyone has any idea where I can find one. I'd be looking for one in good to new condition.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Early PWA, all Sendra, & Eagle Arms below 5k serial number are some you may look for
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Please help!

I guess the lower wouldn't have to be Colt, as long as it is a good lower in good shape.

Thanks,

And just to rest your mind, Colt NEVER made an AR15 lower that looked like the M16A1 type, so you'll have to go aftermarket if you want the look.

Early Colts were totally flat sided, and by the time Colt decided to leave the hump and mag catch guard on the side, they were already into the A2 type.

Good luck w/your seach.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info on the lower guys ! I'm now looking for a Colt M16A1 upper receiver, and was wondering if anyone has any idea where I could find one ?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Whole upper (less bc group and ch) can be bought from cdnn. Sell off what you do not need.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Guy was selling complete Colt M-16 a1 uppers at last show {new} for 400 bucks. CH and bolt/carrier complete. Seriously thought about buying one. If you are serious about buying one let me know and I will pick one up to sell to you. You pay shipping. He is always at the shows and I have bought a lot of stuff from him. He does not sell junk and has an excellent reputation.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Whole upper (less bc group and ch) can be bought from cdnn. Sell off what you do not need.

cdnnsports.com

click gun parts and then ar15.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top