Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 3:40:17 PM EDT
My roommate and I are about to put together our version of the squad designated marksman rifle. So far we've come up with:

Upper

Lower

I won't be able to afford an FF tube, the stock FF handguards from RRA will have to do for now.

What do you guys think of this setup? Any other recommendations?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Upper

Lower

Made em live for ya.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Upper

Lower

Made em live for ya.

You, sir, are a true gentleman. I've edited my first post to add your code.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.... I think.  You just have to click the little globe with the chain link under it to make links work here.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
That's what I did to "build" my Highpower rifle. If you don't want the FF tube and HGs it comes with, it may be cheaper to build your own with the tube you want, especially if you're building an A3 (no reason to pay extra for NM sights). I also suggest that you get the 2 stage trigger tuned by John Holliger of White Oak Armament.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:38:08 AM EDT
[#6]
The A2 or A4?

Might want to take a look at these.  A little more but worth it.
http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/complete_uppers.htm
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I was looking at the A4, so optics can be mounted later on.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Look at the link I provided.  They have excellent Service and Match uppers.  The Service upper is A2 style and the Match is a flat top w/26" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's what I did to "build" my Highpower rifle. If you don't want the FF tube and HGs it comes with, it may be cheaper to build your own with the tube you want, especially if you're building an A3 (no reason to pay extra for NM sights). I also suggest that you get the 2 stage trigger tuned by John Holliger of White Oak Armament.

I know a fair bit about bolt guns, but am a newbie when it comes to building ARs. How much machine work am I looking at here, and what are the tools required?

What should I be using instead of NM sights then?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Alex,

Check out this forum.  Should help you out a bit.
http://www.long-range.com/forums/
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Alex,

Check out this forum.  Should help you out a bit.
http://www.long-range.com/forums/

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top