Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/14/2005 5:56:59 AM EDT
What is the general consensus on this rail? I haven't seen much discussion of it in the last several months as I have been planning my latest build. I like the idea of it being continuous but I do not know how much height it adds. Anyone know how much higher a mounting would be as opposed to being on a regular flattop? Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 6:02:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/14/2005 6:09:02 AM EDT by rob78]
from the looks of things it's the same height as the top rail of your receiver...hence continuous top rail.

Maybe I don't understand the question, at any rate the above isn't meant to be a flame.

i think you answered your own question though

edit: nope i was wrong. You said predator and i thought samson

edit again: Alright, i called Chris at POF Sales and according to him the height increase isn't quite half an inch.

I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 6:31:47 AM EDT
rob78, no worries. I had not looked at your post until you had corrected everything. You did what I probably should have done from the get-go. . .just call POF. Thanks for doing it for me though! It does indeed help.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:56:23 PM EDT
I am extremely happy with my POF rails- I have two and have a 3rd on order (with the piston upper)
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:59:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SC-Texas:
I am extremely happy with my POF rails- I have two and have a 3rd on order (with the piston upper)

Do you have an ACOG mounted? If so how's the cheek weld?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:21:08 PM EDT
I've had a 16" gas piston upper with predator rails on order from POF since October. Anxiously awaiting word on when I will receive it.

There were some pictures floating around on here that showed 4 predator rails underneath each tire of a pickup truck. They are supposedly indestructable.

- rem
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:30:49 PM EDT
I have an AIMPOINT and a Elite 3200 10X (don't laugh- its about to grow up into a Leupold) on the 6.8. the cheek weld is fine! I'm about to put a Magpul PRS on it.

and an OKO NV compatible on the suppressed M16

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:53:48 PM EDT
I LOVE THE PREDATOR!!!

I have it on my 458 SOCOM battle ax and the thing is just plain SOLID

It can take a lickin and keep on tickin so to speak

Top Top