Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I wonder how the conversation would go if Vulcan was sueing everyone?

Do they have any proprietary technology, a concern about brand name dillution, or even a working product?!?!?!  LOL!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do they have any proprietary technology, a concern about brand name dillution, or even a working product?!?!?!  LOL!  

Not my point, think a little harder.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#3]

I like my Colts.    

I like my Bushmaster.    

I like my RRA.    

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got your point -- it just wasn't exactly relevant -- apples/oranges.  I think you should look a little deeper -- my point was, nothing would happen with a Vulcan thread because it wouldn't have the owner loyaly associated with Colt because they produce pure crap, and they wouldn't have people manurfacturing in their shadow.  Plus, who the hell aspires to be Vulcan (ie: bushmaster/colt, etc, et al) -- you think Vulcan would file a lawsuit if Colt marketed their M4 under a similiar name to a Vulcan gun?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got your point -- it just wasn't exactly relevant -- apples/oranges.  I think you should look a little deeper -- my point was, nothing would happen with a Vulcan tyhread because it wouldn't have the owner loyaly associated with Colt because they produce pure crap.  Plus, who the hell aspires to be Vulcan (re: bushmaster/colt, etc, et al).

That was basically my point too, Colt can get away with a lot.

Everyone would jump on Vulcan because nobody likes the product. But a company that makes good products has a free pass to be a sucky anti-american company, and we will all grovel at their feet hoping to pick of the scraps that fall from the big boys table.

Of course I can't say I'm above anyone who buys colt, even though they are hurting the private gun industry as a whole. I own HK's (same situation, but I'm over them after their last stunt) and I shop at Wal-mart . Oh and crap, I own a Leatherman .

I'm guilty.

Just an interesting observation.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/Smiley%20signs/J-K-L/Last_week.gif  

I like my Colts.    

I like my Bushmaster.    

I like my RRA.    

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got your point -- it just wasn't exactly relevant -- apples/oranges.  I think you should look a little deeper -- my point was, nothing would happen with a Vulcan tyhread because it wouldn't have the owner loyaly associated with Colt because they produce pure crap.  Plus, who the hell aspires to be Vulcan (re: bushmaster/colt, etc, et al).

That was basically my point too, Colt can get away with a lot.

Everyone would jump on Vulcan because nobody likes the product. But a company that makes good products has a free pass to be a sucky anti-american company, and we will all grovel at their feet hoping to pick of the scraps that fall from the big boys table.

Of course I can't say I'm above anyone who buys colt, even though they are hurting the private gun industry as a whole. I own HK's (same situation, but I'm over them after their last stunt) and I shop at Wal-mart . Oh and crap, I own a Leatherman .

I'm guilty.

Just an interesting observation.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#8]
We should all boycott Colt, we could send all the money we saved from not buying the insigna to Barret so he can buy them out!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#9]
A Curse ON YOU ALLL!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Every time it comes down to Colt vs. Bushmaster, all these colt owners come out of the woodwork slamming Bushmaster for not being top quality or reliable. As far as I can see it, Bushmaster is just as good as Colt as far as quality. The only difference is that Colt has gone above and beyond to try and please the anti-AW people and provide only certain rifles for the public. Now that may be changing as I see more and more LEO rifles for sale to civilians, I dont know. As far as trade secrets, come on you cant be serious. What about the dozen other manufacturers who make M16 "type" and M4 "type" rifles? RRA has a M4 "type" and they werent mentioned and there are others. What my question comes down to is this, was the law suit focused on HK and Bushmaster because they have grabbed and been grabbing a bigger part of the market share? And also what constitutes "trade secrets" with the AR design? Everything I can buy for a colt I can use on a Bushmaster and have done it before with many frankenrifles that i have built, so what is not able to work in both? And please can we keep this a civil discussion. I am just looking for the answers to the questions. Thanks.

edited for stupid bs spelling errors that are due to a gov run public school education.

Funny, I do NOT see Colt Owners making swipes at Bushies and Bushie owners all the time. Most think Bushie makes a pretty darn good AR. The most that is said is usually that their QC is not up to Colts standards on ARs and that is a valid statement. And I will be the first to say that Colt has made some crappy mistakes both in matls [plastic buffer on some civvie models comes to mind] and past business decisions. I can also say I feel Bushie has made poor decisions also in some areas, that does NOT mean that I think that they are a bad firearm manufacturer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Amen brother. If its a colt check your bolt! Thats why there is a forward assist- for the Colt. I always managed to get an FN from the armorer just out of principle and most importantly survival. Who owns Colt anyways? I know. Fill in the blank.

Tab King

Out
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I done near spit my Kool-Aid upon reading the title of this thread.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#13]
These usually turn out good.

Same old people on the same on the same sides of the fence spewing the same old sh!t.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Recent Colt AR features.
Plastic hinges on the butstock cubby hole.
Over sized receiver pins.
Sear blocks.
Barrels and Chambers are no longer chromed.
8rnd mags.  (not 5rnds that are legal to hunt with in most states and not 10rnds which were the legal limit during the ban,..... 8rnds.)

Recent 1911 features.
Plastic triggers.
Sloppy Milling marks.
Drifting rear sights.
Those lovely Colt 1911 mags with the orange followers.   Those were great.

I have to agree with Creeper on this one.  Colt used to be the shit when it came to AR's, 1911 and even revolvers but for the last fifteen years or so their quality has been on a steady decline.

Back in the day, I would have been one of the many who are ridiculing Creeper and calling him a troll but I finally had enough of Colt living off of it's legacy.  Now Colt products suck sweaty balls and it's noone's fault but their own.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My point is that well paid workers tend to consistantly put out a better product.

The US auto workers make more than any other and I don't think they "consistently put out a better product". Workers with a higher sense of pride will put out better quality work than a worker only concerned with higher pay every time - doesn't matter what the product is either.

Colt products are top notch, a lot of their policies and practices suck ass.

By US auto workers you mean the people who make Toyota's, right?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]

I have to agree with Creeper on this one.  Colt used to be the shit when it came to AR's, 1911 and even revolvers but for the last fifteen years or so their quality has been on a steady decline.

Back in the day, I would have been one of the many who are ridiculing Creeper and calling him a troll but I finally had enough of Colt living off of it's legacy.  Now Colt products suck sweaty balls and it's noone's fault but their own.

Ahhh, from AR to 1911, MY area of interest.

FYI, The orange mags followers were a COATING so the follower would not chew up the feed ramp of Aluminum framed 1911s. You do not see Colt shipping them with their steel framed one's do you? You DO know that some of the aftermarket GOOD mags will chew them up right? That includes Kimbers BTW.

Colt 1911s have been better in the past few years then in the last 30, do a bit of real investigating before spouting off. I personally think a few other "hot" 1911 makers need to spend a bit more time making the things properly and out of the proper materials before sending them out. I've personally had more problems with 3 "famous maker" pistols then I have with all my Colts over the past 25 years. All were bought new, and all of them were totally unacceptable as far as reliability. I might have saved a few bucks but I more them paid for it in time wasted. I will also say that Colt does seem to go thru periods of cosmetic defects, and I consider it unacceptable, but the damn things do work, out of the box.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm just glad I'm able to buy anything I want to.  If you want colt, buy it, if not don't.  I have 2 RRA's and i used to have 2 DPMS.  I have been isued many colt m16a2's.  every one of these firearms work.  what more do you want???

As for suing?  It's you right to fight for what you believe in.  If they feel they've been wronged, then they should fight, I know I would.  Is it fair to consumers?  Maybe not, but that's life.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My point is that well paid workers tend to consistantly put out a better product.

The US auto workers make more than any other and I don't think they "consistently put out a better product". Workers with a higher sense of pride will put out better quality work than a worker only concerned with higher pay every time - doesn't matter what the product is either.

Colt products are top notch, a lot of their policies and practices suck ass.

By US auto workers you mean the people who make Toyota's, right?

Yep, the Friday Toyotas  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Ahhh, from AR to 1911, MY area of interest.

FYI, The orange mags followers were a COATING so the follower would not chew up the feed ramp of Aluminum framed 1911s. You do not see Colt shipping them with their steel framed one's do you? You DO know that some of the aftermarket GOOD mags will chew them up right? That includes Kimbers BTW.

Colt 1911s have been better in the past few years then in the last 30, do a bit of real investigating before spouting off. I personally think a few other "hot" 1911 makers need to spend a bit more time making the things properly and out of the proper materials before sending them out. I've personally had more problems with 3 "famous maker" pistols then I have with all my Colts over the past 25 years. All were bought new, and all of them were totally unacceptable as far as reliability. I might have saved a few bucks but I more them paid for it in time wasted. I will also say that Colt does seem to go thru periods of cosmetic defects, and I consider it unacceptable, but the damn things do work, out of the box.

I did, first the followers in question were all orange plastic.  Eventually Colt stopped shipping them and agreed to swap them out for the ones with the plastic coated metal followers then eventually they overcame the problem they way they should have to begin with.

Buy all the Colts you want.  Me, I prefer quality over legacy.  I sold all my Colts and now I buy Kimber and Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#20]
If it runs and its reliable kepp it and use it no matter who makes it.My first AR was back in 91 a sporter match HBAR model 6601.It was great and never had a problem.At that time Bushmaster was just emerging and I was frustrated not to be able to find the larger FCG parts.Bushmaster makes those now to.I hear the Colt civie models are not all chrome lined and use plastic buffers ...that sucks.If Colt made ARs like other companies and used normal size parts...hell imagine that a semi-auto clone of a real M4 made as close as possible...id own more than a few.But they dont make them like that.The 6920 is the closest..I just would hate stocking different size parts when thats what the modularity is supposed to be built in for so standard parts cane be used no matter who made the rfile.I dont like their posistion on the 2cnd ammendment or lack of support for it.I love my Bushmasters but wish they would parkerize under the fron sight base before they pin it on like Colt does and Bushmaster needs to start putting M4 handguards and H buffers standard on their carbines.I hate to drop $900 on a rifle only to have to replace the handguards and buffer at least with a 6920 you get all that and the side sling swivel.There are areas they both could improve on.If you ask me the CMMG AR is the closest in semi-auto to an M4A1..it has the feedramps,the right steel in the barrel and other materials and uses a 14.7 permanent A2 supressor for the closest look possible...now if you put a mil-spec telestock on that rifle you have the closest M4 clone.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
These usually turn out good.

Same old people on the same on the same sides of the fence spewing the same old sh!t.

Speeeeeaking of which!!!  HI, EVERYBODYYYYY!!!!!!!

Ya know what?  We need a Kool Aid stand smilie!!!!  

OHHHHHHH, YEAHHHHHH!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#22]
and the point is?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top