Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
You guys are just like a bunch of girls with your barbie dolls.  You spend tons of money on them just in case you ever need them in SHTF situation.  You have been mentioning the NO disaster and having to defend yourselves. I know that in that situation with the warning that they had my ass would have been out of there befor the hurricane hit.  Also, probably less than 5% of people will ever have there home invaded.  You might think that you are all cool with your 30 round mags or maybe even 100 round C mags but you need to be proficient with your aim because a miss with any gun is still a miss. No criminal breaking into a house would leave just becasue your gun looks cool. In my opinion, leave the military guns to those who really need them, THE MILITARY. I have an AR-15 and so far I do not see the "fun" factor in them. They do just what Death_006 said, they cost more money and do the same to paper as a .22lr. The recoil is even comparable.  The bottom line is, you all remind me of that 80's song that goes something like "I always feel like, somebody's watching me". SEEK MENTAL HELP.

Well, my first comment would be...why are you here?  My second would be to point out that defending your NEIGBORHOOD against bands of armed gang bangers with a shotgun and pistol while an AR is in your closet may be the dumbest thing I ever heard of.  The third comment I would make is to point out that the "military weapons" in the hands of civillians is what the second amendment is all about.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Have your friend watch the news. We get the best gear we can, get the best training we can hoping to never have to use any of it.

C4

+1. The world's, it's a changing and not for the better. Sic vis para bellum.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
And if your poor,cant get gas the government and FEMA is gonna save you I guess...just to like your name death says and go away.Belive me if a gang of thugs happen upon you and your armed with an AR and plenty of mags Im sure theyll think twice.Any one seeing an AR dosent think AR they think machine gun aka M16 and that in itself is a phsychological deterent...oh and well said Currahee!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do we allow non team members whos only contribution to the site is telling us how we dont needs AR15s and that he does not like them to remain on this board?  I vote he has his account locked because he is not needed, wanted, or appreciated here.  We loose nothing by booting the turd off the site and save bandwidth too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I buy everything I do "just in case".  Because waiting until you need it isn't the time to start looking into what you need, then try to buy it, then learn how to use it.  

I don't consider anything I own to be a "toy".  Just like my stack of MREs, I will probably never need them, but that doesn't mean having them is frivelous.

I've also invested time, money, and effort into taking martial arts which I will hopefully never have to use.  Just because I probably won't *have* to use it doesn't mean the only reason to take a martials arts class is to try to look cool doing fancy moves.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have AR's simply because I ENJOY them
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#7]
tactical reloads

and they kick as*

one lower can take on so many different uppers

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If he "Death-006"beleives in that quote hes anti second ammendment anti gun and if he relly beleived it why buy one.Hes just a liberalwho dosent realize its from "THE PEOPLE" the military come from and we have the right to bear similar arms because that train of thought is guarunteed by the constitution and bill of rights.I find ARs fun shooting and to have for serious situations that may never manifest themselves but it makes me a citizen and not a servant for owning a few.The second ammendment has nothing to do with sporting and every thing to do with freedom and power of "THE PEOPLE" sporting is just a side advantage to the true meaning of the second ammendment.Its for the security and safety of yourself,family,community and country.Next hell be saying its a collective right...but I say this there are only 3 times in the bill of rights and I beleive constittution where the words"THE RIGHTOF" and THE PEOPLE" are shown together and thats the 1st,2cnd and 4th ammendments but you never hear liberals wanting to change the 1st and 4th or maybe there waiting to do that once the yget rid of the second.Without the second the bill of rights would mean nothing...it means our freedom is gurunteed by use of force if need be against any enemy to freedom and our charter rights and constitution...Thats why I have military type arms.....the constitution calls them "Weapons in common use at the time".

Whoa! I am Death_006, not Death_005.

Death_005 posted the liberal crap.

I advise you to re-read my original topic. I just wanted to know why we love our Black Rifles so much. I said that even though if you think about it objectivly, it seems like a waste, it sure is fun. I love going to to the range, or my mothers property and loading up some ammo and blasting away. Hiting pop cans and watching the explode is great fun!

I think you got me confused with Death_005. I am not Death_005.

I started this thread, Death_005 decided to come in and troll this thread, I didn't.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok. So you guys enjoy your ARs. That is fine. It is after all in the constitution that we have the right to bear arms. However, my opinion should not be looked at as trolling or as "liberal crap". It is my opinion. I like guns and I think that excluding felons or mentally disturbed individuals should be allowed to own them. All I am saying is that like the right to bear arms, freedom of speech is also in the constitution. Opinions are like as* holes, everyone has one and my previous posts are just my 2 cents worth.  I personally do not really enjoy them becasuse they seem so useless to me as I do not have fun with the one I own. Looking at pictures of other ARs does not get me excited either. They seem like alot of money is pretty much wasted on them. I do not see what makes them soooo much better than any other gun avaliable to a civilian.  I also find it a little strange that the caliber was designed from the popular VARMINT round, the .222. It just seem strange that the military is shooting indigis with the same caliber as Joe Farmer is shooting at ground hogs and raccons with. Granted, I personally wopuld not like to get shot with an AR, but heck, I would not want to get shot by any gun. That is just my personal opinion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ok. So you guys enjoy your ARs. That is fine. It is after all in the constitution that we have the right to bear arms. However, my opinion should not be looked at as trolling or as "liberal crap". It is my opinion. I like guns and I think that excluding felons or mentally disturbed individuals should be allowed to own them. All I am saying is that like the right to bear arms, freedom of speech is also in the constitution. Opinions are like as* holes, everyone has one and my previous posts are just my 2 cents worth.  I personally do not really enjoy them becasuse they seem so useless to me as I do not have fun with the one I own. Looking at pictures of other ARs does not get me excited either. They seem like alot of money is pretty much wasted on them. I do not see what makes them soooo much better than any other gun avaliable to a civilian.  I also find it a little strange that the caliber was designed from the popular VARMINT round, the .222. It just seem strange that the military is shooting indigis with the same caliber as Joe Farmer is shooting at ground hogs and raccons with. Granted, I personally wopuld not like to get shot with an AR, but heck, I would not want to get shot by any gun. That is just my personal opinion.

Can you please start a new topic to spout this crap off? I mean your allowed your opinion, but come on, don't hijack my thread.

Do you even know what an "indigi" is?
"Main Entry: in·dig·e·nous
Pronunciation: in-'di-j&-n&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Late Latin indigenus, from Latin indigena, n., native, from Old Latin indu, endo in, within + Latin gignere to beget -- more at END-, KIN
1 : having originated in and being produced, growing, living, or occurring naturally in a particular region or environment"

Going by that definition the person(s) that are being shot are from Iraq. We all know that most of the fighters in that country are not from Iraq.

Another clarification:
The 5.56x45mm or .223 was not derived from the .222. It was taken from the .222 magnum, because the military wanted something with a little bit more power.

Just because you do not have the fancy stuff on your rifle doesn't mean you have to critize the people who have the stuff just because you cannot afford it. Thats pretty immature. While I am all for a K.I.S.S. type weapon, I think that nearly all of us here would agree that where the AR-15 really shines is that fact that you can add some much to it. Just because you can't afford that stuff doesn't mean it is bad.

The reason why you do not enjoy your rifle is that you NEVER SHOOT IT. You have shot perhaps 100 rounds through it in the year that you have had it. Your rarely go to the range with any of your weapons. Your like the hick who fired one round out of the hunting rifle each year to make sure it works and is sighted in. I have never seen you even fully load a 30 round magazine. Hell, come on thats whats the guns for. You do not do multiple target engagment, rapid reloads (all thats right, you only have one magazine), or anything of the sort. You need to educate yourself before you post this stupid shit.

No, I do not want to hear how it is "mine little opinion". You spouting off false information that is hijacking my somewhat entertaining thread. Your also purposlly trolling.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok, fine I leave you to you precious little thread so your mangina will be happy. It must have hurt when I said it was a varmint caliber huh? Oh well, you have fun with your ARs and I will probably continue to think( unless you can bring up a REALLY GOOD reason for me to think other wise) that they might not quite even be worth the metal and plastic they are made of for use by CIVILIANS. the military is a different story. If you want a military gun so badly, then those of you who have not already served should join up. That is my final 2 cents on this thread, probably.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Coming on to a board dedicate to one area of a particular sport and making fun of it constitutes trolling.  Of course the flip side to the "my constitutional right" stuff is that is our constitutional right to answer you how we see fit.  If you dislike your ARs so much then you can send them to me, I have three friends wanting them after Katrina.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Where to start? To keep it simple, I grew up w/ guns, LOVE shooting as a sport, and for that matter have a number of 1911's, M14's and AR'15's, etc. I'll bet I shoot 1,000+ rounds a week (OK,  I'm retired). Only a couple of collectors are origional. The rest have my personality.

My area went a week without power a few years ago. There was some crime, and a lot of soul searching on my part. I will not give up my home, so I bought a generator, fuel, rations, medical supplies. Some immediately, some after a review. Thank GOD I'm far enough above sea level.

There is NO reason to have a good firearm for only one reason or another.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Two Words:

RED DAWN.

One word:  Katrina
Two words:  Einstein said it.
Three words:  Its my  R I G H T !!!
Four words:  Dawn of the Dead  
Five Words:  Night of the Living Dead
Six Words:  Twenty eight Days Later, etc., etc.
Seven Words:  Get F****ed, you f****ing a**h**e.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#16]
They both joined same month 2 years apart,coincidence or is Death005 and 006 one in the same..seems a bit strange to me.If you are different people sorry for the mixup.If your one in the same then your arguing withyourself and that would be scary.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have a friend that I talk to alot. We share alot of heated conversations together as well as quite a few competitions at the range. We both love our guns and love to shoot them. Although our tastes in guns differ, we both like the sport itself. A few days ago, he brought up both a valid and 100% true statement. Why do we spend so much on our AR-15's? I mean if you look at it objectivly, all the gun does is punch .22 caliber holes in paper, makes alot of noise, ammo is more expensive that .22 LR, and to top it off the things are loud. You can't hunt deer with them either because they are too small of a caliber. His comments struck me as 100% TRUE.

I mean honestly, how many of use are going to have to use our AR-15 in a life or death situation? How many of us are going to go swimming with our Aimpoints or ACOGS? Are any of us ever going to need to use the magpuls on our magazines? Do we really need that M4gery for room clearing? Are we sniping insurgents with our SPR's? Does that LaRue mount we bought for $120 really matter? Can't we just buy new Aimpoint batteries when we are at the range instead of buying a BUIS? Does that storage compartment in our Forward Grips really do anything? Does it matter that we have Phantoms on our AR-15's instead of an A2 Birdcage? Are we really just grown up boys playing dress up with our barbies?

All of his comments really held true when I stoped for a second and looked back on it. I thought to myself, "I never really use my stuff like it is advertised, why did I buy it?" His comments left me 100% speechless, and I really didn't know what to come back to it with. The only thing I could advise him was to get rid of his AR-15 and trade it in for something that he thinks is fun.

When I told him this, he said "Nah, I am going to keep it. I think I am going to trick it out and have some fun with it".

I just smiled and thought to myself; thats why I do it, for FUN.

So the question to you is, why do you love your Blackrifle? Why in the face of undaunting waves of hicks who have no idea why you love your blackrifle do you continue to battle them? Please respond, and I look forward to seeing what you have to say about this.

Thanks!

Crap, you know... I am selling my stuff.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#18]
There are so many "unnecessary" things in our lives. I find it necessary because:

1. It is a skill that I want to have. In case something happens, I would know how to use it effectively.
2. It makes me happy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#20]
This has run its course...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top