User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing for me.  The ear plugs sound like a good idea though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Copy of my Form 1

why would you keep a form 1 in there?

In case I run into someone that I need to show it to.  With an NFA firearm, I think it's a good idea to be able to demonstrate that it is legal if someone asks (say at the range, or a police officer, etc.).  The likelihood of that is happening is obviously low, but I'd prefer to have it physically with the rifle at all times.

I dont think handing them a form 1 would go over too well..

www.titleii.com/pdf/072304-Form1.pdf
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
i just keep an s.o.b. gripped around it
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Since I live in Oklahoma, we all keep a spare 8-ball of meth and a snorting straw in there.  Fits just perfect.  If you shoot up, you can keep your needles in the stock.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#6]

What do you guys hide in the grip cavity?

It typically yet largely depends on what foriegn country I'm flying back in from......oh......or did you mean on my AR?

Think "Pulp Fiction"...."Christopher Walken"..."The Gold Watch Scene". LOL!!!

outside of that?...condoms and a magnesium/flint firestarter.

L8R, Bill.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

How so?

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?

WIZZO

a form 1 is a application to make and register a firearm.   If you have a NFA weapon than you would need a form 4 to verify that your weapon is registered in the NFA registry.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?

WIZZO

a form 1 is a application to make and register a firearm.   If you have a NFA weapon than you would need a form 4 to verify that your weapon is registered in the NFA registry.

Uhm - I have my Form 1, which was approved by the BATFE and affixed with the $200 tax stamp, and returned to me as proof that my application was approved.  I keep a copy of that with my rifle, to show that it is legal.

Perhaps I'm mixing up terms here - I am talking about an SBR, which I thought was also considered an NFA firearm?    
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#10]
There are also MGs out there still on a Form 1.

Your assertion about requiring a Form 4 to prove something is in the registry is dead wrong.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#11]
spare batteries
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Your assertion about requiring a Form 4 to prove something is in the registry is dead wrong.

a form 1 is a application to make and register a firearm.  What do you mean there are MG's on a form 1?

and ??? to the red part
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a form 1 is a application to make and register a firearm.  What do you mean there are MG's on a form 1?

and ??? to the red part

I don't get your point.  You've pointed out several times now that the Form 1 is the application.  We know that.

And when the Form 1 is approved, it has the stamp affixed, and is mailed back to you as PROOF that your firearm is legal and "registered" - thus, when you fill it out and send it in, it is an application, but when it is approved and you get it back, it is proof of legality and registration of the rifle.

And, to my knowledge you are REQUIRED to present the Form 1 to an agent upon demand.  Therefore, I keep a copy of the Form 1 in my grip.  

I'm not really sure what it is that the disagreement is about.  If you believe that I am required to have a Form 4 to own my SBR (which is an "NFA Weapon"), then you are simply incorrect.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and ??? to the red part

Repub18,
You are in fact dead wrong.
You assumed a form 4 was used to prove the leaglity of an NFA firearm whether it was made by an individual or purchased as a ready made NFA firearm. You assume wrong. A form 4 will NOT be used if you are the maker, a form 4 will only come into play if a ready made NFA firearm is purchased. For example if someone made an MG on a form 1 in 1983, and they still own that NFA firearm, then it will still have a stamped and approved form 1 kept by it's owner and maker, that will be his proof that it is legal, and he could well keep a copy in the pistol grip.

You can open mouth and insert foot now.

When you make an NFA firearm such as an SBR a form 1 is what is sent, approved and stamped, and then the SAME form 1 you sent is what you get back. In my case it was an SBR. This form 1 is ALL YOU HAVE to prove your SBR, Suppressor or AOW (that you made) is legal. I have multiple copies, I keep one form 1 copy with the SBR at all times, whether in the safe, in it's case, or at the range.

A form four is what you would have if you purchased your NFA item already made with NFA status. FOPA prohibits new machineguns from being made by ordinary citizens anymore, but SBRs, Suppressors and AOWs all take a form 1 if you make them, and the returned, signed and stamped form 1 IS your legal documention.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Hookers and blow. Doesn't everyone?

Yes
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Back on topic now that all the form 1 and 4 info is done.
Thanks for the info guys.

I have Houge grips does anyone know if there is a plug made for them somewhere?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#17]
condom....you never know....

Batteries for the EoTech.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and ??? to the red part

Repub18,
You assumed a form 4 was used to prove the leaglity of an NFA firearm whether it was made by an individual or purchased as a ready made NFA firearm. You assume wrong. A form 4 will NOT be used if you are the maker, a form 4 will only come into play if a ready made NFA firearm is purchased. For example if someone made an MG on a form 1 in 1983, and they still own that NFA firearm, then it will still have a stamped and approved form 1 kept by it's owner and maker, that will be his proof that it is legal, and he could well keep a copy in the pistol grip.

When you make an NFA firearm such as an SBR a form 1 is what is sent, approved and stamped, and then the SAME form 1 you sent is what you get back. In my case it was an SBR. This form 1 is ALL YOU HAVE to prove your SBR, Suppressor or AOW (that you made) is legal. I have multiple copies, I keep one form 1 copy with the SBR at all times, whether in the safe, in it's case, or at the range.

A form four is what you would have if you purchased your NFA item already made with NFA status. FOPA prohibits new machineguns from being made by ordinary citizens anymore, but SBRs, Suppressors and AOWs all take a form 1 if you make them, and the returned, signed and stamped form 1 IS your legal documention.

you are in fact dead right, I had a brain fart and didnt realize that form 1's are returned to the owner.  For some reason I thought that the ATF issued a form 4 once your form 1 application was approved...

Back to topic, right now I dont have anything in my grip cavity.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a grip plug for my standard A2 grip that holds three extra rounds. You never know...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and ??? to the red part

Repub18,

you are in fact dead right, I had a brain fart and didnt realize that form 1's are returned to the owner.  For some reason I thought that the ATF issued a form 4 once your form 1 application was approved...

Back to topic, right now I dont have anything in my grip cavity.

I only know because I had to wade through all the paperwork to get my SBR done - it can be very confusing and is all really a pain in the ass. Sure can't blame anyone for finding it confusing.

But after reading this thread I think I will keep a rolled-up reduced size copy of my form 1 in my SBR pistol grip, seems like a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I put my boogers in there in case I get lost in the woods and get hungry  

heh
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Air.  I might have to swim along ways under water to get away from those killer zombies
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#23]

I keep a very small model of 48th Highlander in there.

There are no small models of 48th Highlander.  The 1:100 scale version is still 3 pounds and 2 foot long.

You keep you WEED in it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top