Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#2]
lol  that AR cannot do anything your basic carbine cannot do,  yeah maybe its got a can  and some other nice things,  Hell some people buy big dog engines for their little dog cars etc,  this guy does the same thing just with a gun,  if you dont like it hell dont look at it.    I think Every PD should supply their officers with a AR, or hell at least a Mini.  lol I hear stuff on the news all the time,  Ft worth buys 100 AR type rifles,  well where are they eploying these guns?  My guess is prolly to the richer comunities,  Rant Rant Rant,  lol   back to the picture thread....

here is another great submission somewhere,   This is a sweet rifle with a pretty good camo Job,  not as good as the one I prev posted but it also is one of my fav guns to drool over.

Man this one is too sweet.   theres a few post about it in the middy picture thread,  its a SF soldiers weapon in Iraq

And the PINK one Rocks,  have actually seen a CAV lower that was pink,  wish I had one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.ikillcatsforfun.com/wip/bARbie-15/barbie-flowers-r-1.jpg
hr

+1.

No, seriously, I think it rocks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#4]
were i live its all rural and the local cops pack mini 14s and AR18s all in plain jane form.  I think its a very kick ass gun but im gonna say it looks like more than hes ever gonna need for average patrolling. But hey rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Triggerfish has an SBR that is shit hot but I couldn't find the pic. I'm sure someone will post it at some point. SimplyDynamic has some sweet rigs as well, this being one of them

ETA: I see someone else already posted this one

Another worthy of posting belonging to _RAGNAR_

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd have to say this one. Swap the Battlegrip out for a MIAD, swap the Phantom for a Vortex, and swap the M4 SOCOM stock for a LMT SOPMOD, and throw on a TA01 ACOG and swap the Larue 12.0 for a 13.2 and you got what I want to do for my Dissy build. The carbon fiber barrel may be compromised, but I like to pretend I'll be able to afford it.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/FredFeral/side1a.jpg

So what you're really saying is "Nothing like this one"  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the rifle allot don't get me wrong. But our tax dollars are not put to good use here. I think this is way overkill for normal police since the only chance they will get to use it will be to kill civilians. I think a regular AR-15 for the rare bank shoot out is fine. Its as plain as a shotgun then.

Dumbest post ever. And where in the hell was taxpayer funding of this weapon ever mentenioned? Well, besides your post.

Dumbest post ever runner up.  Where do you think the police get their money to buy cars and guns and uniforms for their officers? They don't have bake sales. They aren't collecting protection money or running ilegal gaming tables. They get it from tax payers. And unless the officer is issued the gun and its his to do what he wants he will pass it around to ever cop on duty. Hense why would he pay for the upgrading?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd have to say this one. Swap the Battlegrip out for a MIAD, swap the Phantom for a Vortex, and swap the M4 SOCOM stock for a LMT SOPMOD, and throw on a TA01 ACOG and swap the Larue 12.0 for a 13.2 and you got what I want to do for my Dissy build. The carbon fiber barrel may be compromised, but I like to pretend I'll be able to afford it.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/FredFeral/side1a.jpg

So what you're really saying is "Nothing like this one"  

No, the name of this topic is post your favorite AR, that is not yours. This is my favorite of the ones I've seen, although my build will be different. I admit I was wrong in babbling off about my own plans, but this rifle is about as close to it as I've seen, and is still my favorite I've seen on here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like the rifle allot don't get me wrong. But our tax dollars are not put to good use here. I think this is way overkill for normal police since the only chance they will get to use it will be to kill civilians. I think a regular AR-15 for the rare bank shoot out is fine. Its as plain as a shotgun then.

Congratulations, you have just made another wonderful arguement for gun control.  Its an individual officers weapon, which he has paid for and configured with his own money.  It is not a department weapon.  Using your logic, no one should be allowed to own guns because they will only be used to shoot people.

Try engaging your brain before you post.  

Try reading the post before you reply. He said it is a department gun and I quote "Again this is a patrol car rifle, meaning it is not carried around all day on a sling but deployed from a police car during extreme situations."

And gun control is a great arguement but it never includes cops. Why not? What makes them so special? I don't think a cop needs a NV scope to take down a robber with a knife or bank robber in broad day light. If it was anybody elses gun like Joe six pack that works in a garage changing oil or someone towing cars and keeps it at home I wouldn't have a problem with it. But thats just me. He won't use it unless he is forced to. Cops will get gun ho and unload on every cars that runs from them. And they will get away with it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think DLMan(WOMan) is really some ghey defense attorney
Congrats for moron post of the year.

Ok thanks for your thoughts. I guess home schooling does work for some.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#13]

edit - take your thoughts elsewhere LE/MIL bashing is not not tolerated.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Instead of getting a decent topic locked, take the BS to the pit or GD.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I will not say anymore on the subject. I said my piece and I will end it for the children.

If they lock the post for giving feedback then they should shut down all the forums and close the site because they shouldn't allow any talking back.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will not say anymore on the subject. I said my piece and I will end it for the children.

If they lock the post for giving feedback then they should shut down all the forums and close the site because they shouldn't allow any talking back.

Post a pic of the best looking AR15 you've seen. Not your own.    Let's move on.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

No, the name of this topic is post your favorite AR, that is not yours. This is my favorite of the ones I've seen, although my build will be different. I admit I was wrong in babbling off about my own plans, but this rifle is about as close to it as I've seen, and is still my favorite I've seen on here.

Thanks olds442tyguy--I take that as a compliment. Good luck getting your build together!

I like the simplicitly of this effort (and it certainly has everthing you need).

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Not an AR but by far the best weapon photo I've seen to date. Of course it's Sticks work.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is one. Sorry I dont have a better pic of it. But it is a cool pic. Its a buddy of mines. Took that picture while we were coyote hunting. Its a WOA with all PRI stuff on it. Not to shabby.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Not an AR but by far the best weapon photo I've seen to date. Of course it's Sticks work.

www.airforcesecuritypolice.com/invisionboard/uploads/post-3-1080420984.jpg

+1, that is sexy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Wish I had a larger pic of the guard's M4.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I would Kill for this gun,     It has to be THE best camo job I have ever seen.

]

That is beautiful!!

Any more pics of it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Will someone host an image for me?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Will someone host an image for me?

It's quite simple

www.imageshack.us

Click "browse"

upload your image!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
www.ikillcatsforfun.com/wip/bARbie-15/barbie-flowers-r-1.jpg

I know it is sick and twisted.....but I kinda like it - it has that 'piss off the tactical ted' look as well as looking 'kid friendly' to piss of the antis.

Dunno - maybe it is just me.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Thanks badaim.

img311.imageshack.us/img311/4045/135kuehlkoltmed5ye.jpg

Is that a .22 supressed?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, and select fire.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I'm sure police everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief that what you think has zero bearing on what they can carry.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yes, and select fire.

Nice. Nothing I like more than a quiet suppressed gun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure police everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief that what you think has zero bearing on what they can carry.

Flame on human torch.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, and select fire.

Nice. Nothing I like more than a quiet suppressed gun.

Agreed, I like them so much more then the obnoxiously loud suppressed guns.

ETA:

Nice build by mfingar

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Still waiting for someone to post a pic of an FN M16 (A2 or A4). I couln't find one but that would be my choice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#36]
DLMan123 needs to get off this website and take his tinfoil with him.

Door's that way, GTFO.

Oh yeah.

Another vote for anything M203 equipped. :)
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#37]
HK416 w/ LaRue mount and S&B CQB Short Dot scope. Hands down winner in my opinion.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
DLMan123 needs to get off this website and take his tinfoil with him.

Door's that way, GTFO.

Oh yeah.

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/donovan007007/MG_2377b.jpg

Another vote for anything M203 equipped. :)

Is that yours? It looks like you have a flaregun attached.

But you are not in the conversion. Why did you put your .02 cents in?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Two that I will copy in the future

Lumpy's M4 with A1

And ADCO built Recce (although I'd be using another grip like a Magpul MIAD)

Lumpy and ADCO,
Hope Ya'll don't mind mine posting these......if you do just PM me and this post is gone
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#40]
It's sad how many dumbfucks can't just post a fucking pic of a gun that isn't theirs, without making some stupid remarks. Is it so fucking hard to just post a pic, and keep your stupid fucking opinion to yourself? There are like 2 pages of pics, and 2 pages of stupid dialogue.
Here are a few from the field

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

ADCO built Recce
www.hunt101.com/img/317412.jpg

Lumpy and ADCO,
Hope Ya'll don't mind mine posting these......if you do just PM me and this post is gone

+1
This is my favorite AR15 pic. Awesome rifle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
img15.imageshack.us/img15/8475/img20810ri.jpg

Do any of these see action in Iraq? Are they as functional as they are beautiful?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:06:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Many Colorado police departments do not supply duty weapons. The individual officer is then required to obtain, out of their own pocket, anything they may need. And while some may issue sidearms, many do not. And while some may issue rifles, most do not. As a result individual officers pay for the tools they need out of their own pocket. The issued rifles I have seen are usually government surplus guns, that have seen better days, and may or may not be worth staking your life on.

Some rifles, and or their add-ons may be seen as "overkill," but usually I have found that an officer will  buy what he needs to get the job done. There is a great variety of add-on equipment found on individual patrol rifles. This has to do with what is or isn't allowed by the department, the needs of the patrol area, and the ability of the officer to pay for the equipment.

The last two departments I have worked for issued nothing. All uniforms and equipment, to include weapons and ammo were at my expense. (except for ammo to qualify with) True they provided a uniform allowance, but the amount was not enough to cover uniforms (clothing) much less weapons. There were guidelines as to what brand, caliber, etc., but no funding for them.

So when I see a rifle like the one posted by MagPul, I understand how much money the officer has put into it, and can see that the inidvidual has a true desire, matched by his willingness to invest in it, to build a tool that meets his/her needs. Remember that a rifle to a cop is like a hammer to a carpenter. Its a tool for doing a job. And like most professionals, cops don't skimp on tools. (Or shouldn't since their lives, and yours depend on them.)

To that end, one of my favorites. Another officer owned and maintained rifle. usmc03's duty SWAT gun.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Edit
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#45]
edit
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try reading the post before you reply. He said it is a department gun and I quote "Again this is a patrol car rifle, meaning it is not carried around all day on a sling but deployed from a police car during extreme situations."

And gun control is a great arguement but it never includes cops. Why not? What makes them so special? I don't think a cop needs a NV scope to take down a robber with a knife or bank robber in broad day light. If it was anybody elses gun like Joe six pack that works in a garage changing oil or someone towing cars and keeps it at home I wouldn't have a problem with it. But thats just me. He won't use it unless he is forced to. Cops will get gun ho and unload on every cars that runs from them. And they will get away with it.

Can you read?  He said it was a personally owned weapon and he paid for it and carbine classes to remain proficient out of his own pocket.  Your reading comprehension and thought process needs some work.

I beg to differ sir. It never said that anywhere in the original post. The only time it talked about ownership was the post that I quoted. Its on the second page the picture post with a guy installing the NV scope on a really nice and decked out rifle.

He clarified that it's not dept issued.

Quoted:
In regards to 7HOPPER's rifle.

Yes the weapon is personally owned. No tax dollars were spent building it. He is also spending his own money on Carbine courses in order to remain proficient with it too.

Police here in CO generally have to deal with a wide range of operations such as rural farmland, urban and wooded mountain regions. The rifle is designed to quickly be reconfigured as needed on the fly -Note the extra panels and basic foregrip in the case. The night time set up with Gemtech can is on the extreme end of the modular scale, but totally appropriate for night time stakeouts.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Why do I feel dumber if other people can't read and then go and jump to their own conclusions

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#48]
edit
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#49]
edit
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:50:25 AM EDT
[#50]
edit
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top