AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA is top notch,---BUT...I did order a customer a full length top rail, it was out of spec, and they left me out to dry
 RRA is still top notch, BUT... Customer  (FFL customer) not consumer service SUCKS!!!
 I will NOT order anymore of there product --Screw me once, shame on me. Screw me twice...
 Don't hesitate to buy a RRA rifle,... good stuff!!! Great price!!!
 Eventually they will burn too many bridges.
 Just my 2 cents, but who am I
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
After the many opinions listed above I can only say that my RRAs (several) and my best friends RRAs (several more), for a total of over 10 have been 100%!  My Armalites have been close, and Bushmaster and I must not be compatible as I am 50% with their products (however I was able to fix the bad Bushy with minor parts replacement).

P.S. Maybe your dealer just doesn't like RRA due to the fact that they are constantly back ordered.  It must be a pain in the ass to sell a product that you can't get for weeks/months, as most customers are not happy to wait!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I work for a large P.D.  Not too long ago, we got authorization to purchase personal AR's for carry on Patrol duty.  Choices included several models of Colt's and several models of RRA.  Most of the guys I know personally that bought, went with RRA, due to price and availability....I have heard of exactly zero quality control issues with any of the RRA or Colt's guns purchased and qualified with in the four day Patrol Rifle Course required to carry.  Bottom line, with recent purchases of nearly 200 RRA's, and a grueling four day course, firing many, many rounds out of NIB factory guns....zero quality issues...I think you are safe with either Colt's or RRA...........
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:59:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Consulted a gun shop today and asked about a DPMS lower and RRA Upper combo and the old guy tells me RRA is the worst choice. Should I believe this??

RRA very tight.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:37:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I just built my own AR using a RRA 16" upper and a Stag arms lower. I understood that Stag made the RRA lowers anyways. The two halves match nicely in color and fit. I just completed firing 1K rounds out of it at my departments urban rifle class. It functioned perfectly.  I lubed it per instructions and not one hiccup. A few of the other rifles( colt and Bushmaster) had a few hangups that were not due to magazines. I am completely satisfied and would highly recomend RRA. When I told the instructors I wanted to use my own AR they said they just needed to inspect it first. He asked what kind I had and said he assumed it was a bushy. This is Maine and it seems most PD's use the Bushy. He inspected my rifle and passed fine. I am now going to carry the RRA/Stag when on duty.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top