AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How often is it short stroking?  I've had to send my in twice also.  Sights are now good enough for me, but on the last range trip, it short stroked 3 times in 100 rounds for me.

I have only had this gun since I believe late march or early April.  Not for sure without pulling out the invoice.  Seems like it has been at bushmaster longer than I have had it .  heres the rundown...

---Went to sight in fresh out of box, was not on paper at 50 yds.  Was shooting high and way right.  Sent it in, got it back, they said they re-indexed the sights-  I had to pay shipping.

---Got it back, and was still not shooting great, the front taper pin in the FSB was missing, and there was loc-tite all over the FSB, handguard cap, and side sling swivel.  Called, bitched and sent it back the second time.  They payed shipping.

--Now got it back, and it has jammed/short stroked 3-4 times within a matter of 100 rds.  

After talking with one of the deputies at our department, he told me that sounded exactly like a gas return problem.  When they piss with the FSB, the gas tube is fragile I guess, and it probably got kinked when they shifted the FSB, not allowing proper gas return back to the bolt carrier, casuing a short stroke, not allowing the spent casing to eject before the next shell attempts to feed.  I just had this conversation with him at work this evening, so I will be calling Bushmaster today.  Needless to say, I'm not going to be nice.  they have already had 2 opportunities to get the shit right, and they have failed.

My first Bushmaster was doing the same thing. Shot way right at 50 yards like yours. I brought it back to the place that I bought it from and they re-aligned the sights. I haven't gone out to sight it in...but am anxious to...need to find time!!! The shop said that they would sight it in after they "repaired" it to check their work. Im interested to see if they fixed it. I bought a second one about a month after the first one that was made 1047 guns after my first one and I had no problems sighting that one in.

-Derek  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Send it back request a full refund.Then go buy the best a COLT!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Send it back four or five times requesting a full refund.  Then they might give you your money back.  Then go buy the best a COLT!!!

**fixed it for you  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top