AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is NOTHING in the barrel import ban that prevents the 416, or any other NFA weapon, from being imported as a complete post sample, then torch cut and sold as parts. Once the gun is in country, import regulations have no effect on it whatsoever. Parts are parts...unlike receivers, there is NO such thing as "once a barrel, always a barrel".

416 uppers WILL be available in the future. They might be expensive, but they WILL be available.

There are people doing Federal time for importing NFA weapons for such purposes.

Who? Have a link to any relevant cases?

If you import a post sample IAW with federal law, use it for a PD demo, then the PD doesn't buy it, there is NO REASON you can't cut it up and sell the parts.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Keith Baranski comes to mind, try a google search.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is NOTHING in the barrel import ban that prevents the 416, or any other NFA weapon, from being imported as a complete post sample, then torch cut and sold as parts. Once the gun is in country, import regulations have no effect on it whatsoever. Parts are parts...unlike receivers, there is NO such thing as "once a barrel, always a barrel".

416 uppers WILL be available in the future. They might be expensive, but they WILL be available.

There are people doing Federal time for importing NFA weapons for such purposes.

Who? Have a link to any relevant cases?

If you import a post sample IAW with federal law, use it for a PD demo, then the PD doesn't buy it, there is NO REASON you can't cut it up and sell the parts.

Happens everyday. Not illegal. Keep in mind most Post Samples are not imported by small SOTs, but by the MFGs themselves anyway.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He was convicted of using fraudulent LE demo letters in order to import post-sample MGs. Not even close to being the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was convicted of using fraudulent LE demo letters in order to import post-sample MGs. Not even close to being the same thing.

Correct, that is how you import machine guns for commercial use, with a fraudulent letter, and people are in jail for such activities, as was my point in regards to this proposed idea:

Quoted:
There is NOTHING in the barrel import ban that prevents the 416, or any other NFA weapon, from being imported as a complete post sample, then torch cut and sold as parts.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct, that is how you import machine guns for commercial use, with a fraudulent letter, and people are in jail for such activities, as was my point in regards to this proposed idea:

Quoted:
There is NOTHING in the barrel import ban that prevents the 416, or any other NFA weapon, from being imported as a complete post sample, then torch cut and sold as parts.

Note that Baranski used FRADULENT LE demo letters.

How can you even compare that to what I said? NOTHING in my post implied any fradulent or deceptive activity.

My point was that, barrel ban or no, 416 uppers WILL be available in the future, for precisely the reason I stated. They will come into the country as post samples, and sooner or later the parts will be sold off.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Note that Baranski used FRADULENT LE demo letters.

How can you even compare that to what I said? NOTHING in my post implied any fradulent or deceptive activity.

My point was that, barrel ban or no, 416 uppers WILL be available in the future, for precisely the reason I stated. They will come into the country as post samples, and then the parts will be sold off.

And how can that be done without the fradulent letter?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Why does it have to be "fradulent"? By your reasoning, every post sample that is transferred to a dealer with a letter, but not bought by the PD who requested the demo is "fradulent".
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why does it have to be "fradulent"? By your reasoning, every post sample that is transferred to a dealer with a letter, but not bought by the PD who requested the demo is "fradulent".

No, what I am saying that if you import NFA weapons for commerical use, say to sell the uppers you may well go to jail.  And I pointed out an example.  Maybe you can point out an example where an outfit imported NFA weapons for commercial purposes and did not go to jail?

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No, what I am saying that if you import NFA weapons for commerical use, say to sell the uppers you may well go to jail.  And I pointed out an example.  Maybe you can point out an example where an outfit imported NFA weapons for commercial purposes and did not go to jail?

still don't understand how you can compare FRADULENT demo letters to LEGITIMATELY IMPORTED AND TRANSFERRED NFA WEAPONS.

These 416's were almost certainly imported by HK themselves, then sent to Pritchard, who obviously had a demo letter. The transfer was legitimate and approved by ATF. Once that was done, Pritchard sold the uppers.

What's the problem?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

still don't understand how you can compare FRADULENT demo letters to LEGITIMATELY IMPORTED AND TRANSFERRED NFA WEAPONS.

These 416's were almost certainly imported by HK themselves, then sent to Pritchard, who obviously had a demo letter. The transfer was legitimate and approved by ATF. Once that was done, Pritchard sold the uppers.

What's the problem?

My original point was, that you can't import NFA weapons for the purpose to sell the uppers, or part them out commercially.

So your idea here is that he bought these uppers as complete rifles with a demo letter, and he has ordered more 416's, but the Sheriff (fill in the blank) is not actually going to buy them, so he can announce ahead of time that he has more uppers inbound?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Or may as well be.

'cause I ain't tempting the devil when the loser is a prison bitch.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, the letters themselves were fraudulent, independent of any subsequent use or disposal of the  MG's:

"The affidavit also recounted Agent Johnson’s interview with the
Farber, Missouri, police chief who had explained that he had fraudulently composed the letters with
the expectation of remuneration, that he had no knowledge of Baranski’s firearms company, and that
he had no intention of receiving a machine gun demonstration from Baranski."

The chief was selling demo letters.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, the letters themselves were fraudulent, independent of any subsequent use or disposal of the  MG's:

"The affidavit also recounted Agent Johnson’s interview with the
Farber, Missouri, police chief who had explained that he had fraudulently composed the letters with
the expectation of remuneration, that he had no knowledge of Baranski’s firearms company, and that
he had no intention of receiving a machine gun demonstration from Baranski."

The chief was selling demo letters.

Yeah, did not work out so well for all, but some guys did get thier kits.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Move along folks, nothing to see here... -- Besides the TRAIN WRECK
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top