Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The girls in uniform are good looking...but I've always liked American made...

A girl that will post with your liquor and guns is hot.  Beautiful guns and a beautiful girl ebgb68.
my.voyager.net/~ebgb68/mmllll.jpg

I wish I could take credit for this pic. Winston_wolf is the lucky son of a gun .
look here
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Game gun
apollo.demigod.org/~zak/DigiCam/SV-1FASTER/small/138_3886_img.jpg[ link to LARGER image ]

What kind of gun is this? Make and model please..:)

It's an SV double-stack.   http://www.sviguns.com
STI http://www.stiguns.com has pistols based off the same frame type.

Mine holds 20+1 rounds of 40SW, which I load long to 10mm lengths.   They come in any caliber you want.

-z
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Game gun
apollo.demigod.org/~zak/DigiCam/SV-1FASTER/small/138_3886_img.jpg[ link to LARGER image ]

What kind of gun is this? Make and model please..:)

It's an SV double-stack.   http://www.sviguns.com
STI http://www.stiguns.com has pistols based off the same frame type.

Mine holds 20+1 rounds of 40SW, which I load long to 10mm lengths.   They come in any caliber you want.

-z

What's the reliability like on those SVI's and STI's?  

CJ is absolutely right, you certainly do have some cool shit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Guns based on SV/STI's dominate IPSC, so very reliable.

-z
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Caspian Ti-framed Commander
 [ link to LARGER image ]
 [ link to LARGER image ]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guns based on SV/STI's dominate IPSC, so very reliable.

-z

I must say, most people come to this conclusion

j/k
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I must say, most people come to this conclusion
j/k

Don't even get me started.  
My first year shooting IPSC I shot about 10,000 rounds 45ACP on the clock.   (I'm a novice.)
Unreliable guns get old fast.

-z
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Frickafrack, the photoserver is down again!  Whenever this type of thread comes up, the server crashes.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Zak, how do you like that titanium frame? How does it compare to aluminum or steel in strength and weight?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey Zak, how do you like that titanium frame? How does it compare to aluminum or steel in strength and weight?

After all of maybe 200 rounds, I'm obviously clearly qualified to answer.  

Titanium is about halfway between steel and aluminum in density.  So if an aluminum frame weighs 1/3, and steel weighs 3/3, the Ti is at about 2/3.   I really like the weight of this Commander.  The difference between it and a steel-framed gun is perceptible.   My goal was for the Ti Commander loaded with 9 230gr to be about the same weight as a BHP loaded with 15+1.  It feels a little lighter than that, even.

Unlike aluminum which eventually cracks (see old high round count Commanders), titanium has a much higher fatigue life than either aluminum or steel.   It's softer than steel, however.      This can cause galling if not properly fitted and lubed, or coated.   Ti cannot be hard-chromed or blued, so you either leave it bare (like stainless), or you give it some type of teflon/polymer coating like Black-T.  It's also a bitch to work with, so expect your gunsmithing costs to be higher.

-z

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.airforcesecuritypolice.com/invisionboard/uploads/post-3-1091911260.jpg

Hey Stick, what 1911 is that in your pic?

Its a milspec Springfield that I've done some work to.  The refinishing is mine, as are a few of the other parts.  The pistol actually belongs to UHLEK of this board.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd always hoped Zak would show us his shotgun too.  I too must compliment you, Zak, for you ALWAYS have something nice to show, and you skill with a camera is commendable as well.  I'm drooling.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top