Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

How do you identify targets in the darkness before you shoot?  

Next, how do you mount that flash light you needed for question 1?

Well I don't have a LE/Military job that requires me to clear hostile buildings at Zero Dark:30.  And, if I thought someone was lurking around my house at night, I would just call the cops.  IF I thought someone was inside my house at night, I would just grab my 3D Maglight and my Kimber.  I guess simple and effective is just not Tactical enough.  Its great if you have all the gear.  But, for me, I just don't think its really necessary to be a good rifleman/shooter.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought:
I could get by with one AR. (try 3.)
That I would never spend more than $1000 for a rifle (ha ha)
I would buy a Colt for my first AR (RRA and then an LMT and my third AR is a Colt though)
I don't know very much so I better use this site to find out what I need to know, ( I was right on the money with that one. I have learned a lot here and I learn more almost everyday.)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#3]
1.  I used to think I preferred HK91s and 93s to AR15s (still like the 91s, though)
2.  I used to think Galils were my favorite assault rifles chambered in .223
3.  I used to think railed hand guards (especially SIRs) were overkill for civilian use

Man, was I ever wrong!

Next stop in my disease's progression: 20" 6.8 SPC.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Troy,

I love the tacked posts at the top.  you can get a lot of info out of the tacked post.

If you were to take all of the info that is tacked, you have a good basis of what the AR is all about.

Just my 2 cents,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the ar15 system was fragile, easily jammed, and got dirty very easy.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When I first came to AR15.com's Discussion Forums, I thought, "There's no one here."  But that's because, in 1997, there were less than 200 users, and even fewer *active* accounts.  Most folks were still using the AR15-L mailing list at that time.  Many of those folks are here now (Chuck, Tweak, JohnM, Forest, etc.).  

I also used to think that new folks would naturally notice posts tacked to the top of a forum, and read them before posting, so they'd know what was going on before jumping in.  Bad call on my part...  

-Troy

Now you tell me.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top