AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Thank you, Stokes for the background on this matter.  The original poster made a big stink because he apparently was incapable of following the instructions.  It is bad manners to trash someone (Northwest Pawnbroker) on flimsy inaccurate facts.  He shouldn't have mentioned ar15.com in his letter--it makes us look like idiots--hell, I can read and follow directions.

$15 dollars for transfers?  I wish I had a dealer here in Illinois that would give me that price and excellent service to boot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:36:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thank you, Stokes for the background on this matter.  The original poster made a big stink because he apparently was incapable of following the instructions.  It is bad manners to trash someone (Northwest Pawnbroker) on flimsy inaccurate facts.  He shouldn't have mentioned ar15.com in his letter--it makes us look like idiots--hell, I can read and follow directions.

$15 dollars for transfers?  I wish I had a dealer here in Illinois that would give me that price and excellent service to boot.

My turn.

While I didnt know this was the company policy of PBNW (I had no reason to, as I never ship to him), I think it is a very prudent move on the owners part and proves him to be the smart kind of guy he always seemed to be to me.

I have never read or heard anything in any law that requires the seller to keep an ink signed copy on file, he just need some proof to insure he is really sending it to an FFL. I have always thought sending my ink signature was a bit risky in itself. The seller sees the original, Xeroxes it for his files, sends it back for priceless peace of mind of the receiving transferring FFlL and all is happy.

When the seller receives the ink signed FFL and the return instructions, he has the ability to refuse to send the rifle and return the FFL, instead of pushing ahead into the deal and then balking at a written in plain engrish condition of the transfer by the transfering agent.

And lest we all forget, there is no law an FFL must do any transfer. If it were my company and my policy, and you send me a rifle without it, I would refuse it and ship it back to your happy ass. Dont follow my policy, find another FFL, better yet get your own.

I have received a few transfers from there, and it was always just as detailed herein. A phone call to him to please send an FFL to so & so, then I get a phone call back from him saying my so & so is in. And damn dirt cheap too. I will continue to do business with him as long as he is in business, and know in my heart I will be treated right always, and my so & so is in good hands with him.

Shall I throw a fuckmutt around for posterity? Nah.......

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top