User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This is already posted in General Discussion,so I thought I could let you guys know that dont go over there.My dad says he will no longer sign for the rifle I have been saving up for.His reasons are that I dont take care of the one I have.I clean it every 200 rounds.And he says I dont need another.So,for all those looking forward to see my project,its off.Thanks for the help to all who helped me durring the time I was deciding accesories.

booooooooo          
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
P.S. YOU BUY THE AMMO OF COURSE.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#3]
In that case I recommend hookers and blow, a hell of a night for a 14 year old.
just kidding, keep saving.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
TGorsk08:

If you are even half smart, you will pay attention to what I am about to post. You have a GOLDEN opportunity to learn some valuable lessons that will serve you greatly in the years to come. Those lessons are the power of saving, the value of money, and most importantly, to learn to listen to good counsel. The counsel I speak of is that of your dad. Unless you dad is just a dick, he has a good reason for putting the brakes on your project. I have no idea what those reasons are, but he does. I suggest that you ask him what they are. Not as a little boy trying to change his mind, but as a man that genuinely wants to know what faults that you have that lead him to that decision. Don't be offended about my stating that you have faults. We all do. A man wants to know what they are so that he can correct them.
 Learn to put off gratification. A mature man knows when he needs to do this for his own benefit or that of his family. Sometimes it sucks to be a man because of this, but a good man does it anyway, he accepts his responsibilties as a man, and he carries on. It is far better to learn this lesson while you are still at home when you can make mistakes that do not lead to negative, life altering results. Look around and see how many of your aquaintences get some chick pregnant before they even have a chance to start thier lives. They do this because they did not learn to delay gratification until an appropriate time.
The vast majority of Americans do not save money. Most don't because they never bothered to develope the discipline to do it. As a result, every little curve that life throws at them becomes a crisis simply because they lack the money to deal with it. Another result of not learning to save money and delay gratification is that they are up to their friggin eyeballs in debt. Debt sucks the life out of people. Debt is a monster that eats your prosperity and has an unsatiable appetite. If you learn to manage money now, you will not have to feed that friggin monster later.
Well, I guess I am done. Do with this advice what you will. Maddogkiller out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
[sarcasm]Hell, according to the libs you can go right out and buy one from somebody's trunk!  What the heck do you need your dad's permission for? [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, bide your time, things will change.  I'm a father and hope that my son is interested in firearms like you.  Heck, my mom and dad NEVER bought me a firearm, it wasn't until I was in the military that I bought my first handgun, and I was in the early 30's before I started smithing (I'm 41 now).  Have patience.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top