Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2003 7:02:03 AM EDT
I'm looking at purchasing an RRA 16" rifle but I need advice on a specific characteristic.

The two models I'm looking at are the CAR 16" and the civilian TASC.  The TASC has a hogue grip and lockable windage and elevation while the CAR has standard grip and standard A2 rear sight.

Also, the TASC is $100.00 cheaper than the CAR.

I'm not too concerned about hogue versus standard grip but I do have a question on lockable windage and elevation versus standard A2 rear sight.  What's the difference?  Is one generally preferable over the other?

My rifle will be used mainly at an indoor range and every once in awhile I'll be able to shoot it outside.  I'll just be using it as a plinker.  

Thanks for any help I recieve!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:18:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Get the Military style CAR - you'll be happier with it. I dragged my A2 through the mud and dirt for years and never had a windage setting change accidentally.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if you have considered it- but the Tactical Entry is the one RRA which is available with chrome lined 16" barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top