Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 4:13:38 PM EDT
I have 3 ARs, two are carbines and from time to time they've fte'd on me...I was reading awhile back something about Wolf extractor springs that are stronger than industry and solve this problem in carbines.  Can anybody direct me where to order these, and as my 20" AR has never failed, would one of these springs be necessary for it?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Wolff extractor sping in all 6 of my AR15s and have been running the Wolff extractor springs in my ARs for the last 6 years without a problem....You can find them at [url]www.brownells.com[/url] ....Brownells give a discount to gunshop owners, FFL holders, law enforcement, and military....Hope this helps

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I replaced all the extractor springs with wolff on my AR sytle rifles, to include my Robarms 96 and AR180B.  At first I left the D-fenders in, but after a few range sessions and finding allot of shaved brass in the bolt, I took the D-fenders out and that problem went away.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:50:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the new Colt heavy duty springs, as well as various O-rings including the D-Fender, now I just use Wolff springs, and use an o-ring only if necessary such as in one of my 11.5" setups, but not needed in anything 14.5" or over in my experience.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#4]
If you don't want to deal with Brownwlls, you can get the springs directly from Wolff. [url]www.gunsprings.com[/url] If you call them, they'll ship the springs same day, and they don't add "shipping and handling" charges.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
The Wolff spring really turned my carbine into a 100% reliable piece. And yes I put it in all my ARs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Sound great fellas, fixed to order myself a few of these wolf springs. [:)]

TG
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]
EXTRACTOR SPRINGS - Extra Power
These very strong extractor springs eliminate the extraction problems which are very common in M4 models used extensively in law enforcement. Springs should be used in combination with the new BLACK extractor spring insert available from Colt. Springs also recommended for the M-16, AR-15 & Sporters.  Springs are unground and we do not recommend grinding them.

I did not see any place to get the "black extractor spring insert" on the Colt website. Any one have a link on where to get them?

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Contact Armalite.  They will send you extractor O rings for free, regardless if you own an Armalite or not.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#9]
RRA or one of their dealers sell the black extractor inserts for $0.50 retail.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top