AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really starting to like the idea of a 458 SOCOM in an SBR with mid length handguards from Armalite. Not sure yet what is possible as far as configuration with the round but something like what I had in the pic would be just right (I think?).
[url]http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/1103/Monster11/arf/m15a2SBR.02_Thumper.gif[/url]
View Quote

The rifle in your picture appears to be a "Dissipator" style upper using an A2 upper receiver.  These typically employ the standard 16" barrel, the purpose is to have the shorter barrel with the longer sight radius of the 20" version.  This we can build.

On the SBR - we can go as short as 10.5" without any trouble, and possibly as short as 7.5".

Just let us know what you want, and we'll tell you what it would take.

Marty ter Weeme
"President", Teppo Jutsu LLC
Home of the .458 SOCOM
View Quote

hmmm...7.5?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a dissipator style 458 Socom from Marty a while back and just had it painted by Brasspile.  Still waiting on my eotech hood to make it complete, but she's a keeper.  When I was staring down at an 8ft grizzly 6ft below by treestand, I wasn't scared.  I knew I could pump out 3 350gr bullets in under a second into it's skull, I wouldn't have been so sure with a bolt action rifle.

[img]http://www.netvirtuosity.com/458-final.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy camoed rifle batman!  That's pretty cool Luopo!

I've all but decided that a .458 SOCOM will be my next big purchase.  Being able to load 600 grain bullets in an AR is just too tempting.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top