User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Make no mistake, America pays for Israel's US small arms.  Nothing wrong with that but when you're faced with using your money or someone else's which are you going to go for?  
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
[B]RAY GUNS! RAY GUNS! RAY GUNS![/B]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/m16vsak47.htm

Here you are.  Sure this is an opinion, but an opinion of an Israeli with first hand experience on this subject.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Make no mistake, America pays for Israel's US small arms.  Nothing wrong with that but when you're faced with using your money or someone else's which are you going to go for?  
View Quote

Yes we paid for the weapons provided to the IDF line units, but the 4 SF companies were using them BEFORE the switch when the IDF was using Galils.

They could of used AKMs for even less money-free. They only captured about ONE MILLION total between the 67, 73, and 82 wars.

And its not just Isreal. The UK and Austrailian SAS use it by choice, so does Polands GROM
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Well first off I thank every service member.No matter what MOS he or she carries.But your own logic is questionable.You say the AK isn't much more reliable than the AR over there ( comeing from your cousin).. Well in that statement it says it all. The AK has the be the most reliable main small arm issued in the WORLD. Thats no dout.  And the rumor that the Armed Forces will start to be issued the M14 as a standard rifle??? B ! S!  . Do you know how many there are left??? The last positive count I got was 170,000 and that was a few years ago. Since then we have gave more away as a military package to other countrys and scrapped some more. I would think a good guess is 150,000-100,000 . That ain't anough to issue our troops.It is being used in a support role.Its fits that very well and is doing a good job.
I got to talk to a SOG Sgt, this past spring and asked how he thought the M4's was doing  in his unit. He said they really loved them.And a big plus with the optic's. Said they could carry a varity of different weapons but like to carry a standard equipment so they could support each other if a nasty event happened.Why be the only guy carrying 7.62x54 Russian and if you run out of ammo your #ucked( example only ). These are behind the lines guys that have to trust the equipment 100% .He is now in Afganistan.His group went over to rotate the other SOG guys out.Now no disrespect meant but I will go on the SOG guys experiance over a Engineers.While all opinions are good and usfull one deffinently out weighs the other. Hope your cousin comes back safe. Just chill out, WarDawg  ( sorry about spelling. Not my strong point. LOL.)
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Will somebody please explain to me hoe the so-called 'flawed' direct impingment gas system causes the M-16 to be jammed by sand?!?

Does it magically make sand when the rifle is in the desert?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Locked, for obvious reasons. Please keep it civil guys. Debate it. Argue it. But leave out the attacks and name calling, especially the language. Thanks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top