Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2003 2:04:27 PM EDT
Hey all. Another FNG here with what I'm sure many of you consider some stupid questions. I did a search, and could not come up with what I was looking for.

I am building a pre-ban rifle, which I would like to put a collapsible stock on. I would appreciate it if someone would compare the advantages/disadvantages of the old-style (original) 4-position stock to the newer, ribbed, 6-position stock.

I intend to purchase one of these models from RRA, and also attach a GG&G sling thing. So sling attachment is not a consideration. I am familiar with the VLTOR, and as I am trying to keep weight to a minimum, see no advantages of this design for my purposes.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I much prefer the longer toe on the ribbed style stocks.  Much easier for me to lock into my shoulder at the correct height for the sights (Aimpoint in this case) to be at eye level.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The 6-position, ribbed telestock is more versatile and reportedly more durable as well.  At least, that was what its designers were going for when they made it to address the shortcomings of the older 4-position stock.

At least, that's what [i]SWAT Magazine[/i] says.  Hey, I like the ribbed stock.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
personally, I prefer the older styled CAR stock.

1) I don't need 6 positions.  I shoot it either fully closed when doing cqb drills, 1 notch out when I', target shooting and fully upened when I need it put it on a rack.

2) I like the aluminum version.  Just feels more solid.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top