Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 10:40:43 PM EDT
Hello all-
After lurking here for a couple of months, I have finally decided to take the plunge and see what I have been missing! I have pretty much decided on a RRA A4 with 16" barrel. I was looking at ADCO as they seem to have pretty good prices and service per what I have read here. The question I have is in regards to a price difference between a complete rifle and buying a complete upper and lower. There is about a $110.00 increase for the complete rifle. Is there a reason behind this or am I simply paying for somebody else to put the two halves together? Could the complete rifle have a better finish match? Tighter fit? So, give the newbie your opinions. Buying seperate a good way to save some money, yes or no? Thanks for the thoughts.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:44:37 PM EDT
buy it separate. as long as they're both RRA it'll be fine. spend the extra cash on some mags or a case of ammo.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:06:59 AM EDT
Seen only good things on RRA! Welcome  AKTKH
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:35:21 AM EDT
You can find almost everything you need in the EE. That's the only place I buy my mags from.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:06:35 PM EDT
There is a Federal Excise Tax on firearms. I believe that the two halves are parts and do not constitute a complete firearm, therefore no tax. I believe it is an iffy proposition to buy both halves at the same time, you would be buying a complete firearm yet avoiding the tax. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:13:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BBossman: There is a Federal Excise Tax on firearms. I believe that the two halves are parts and do not constitute a complete firearm, therefore no tax. I believe it is an iffy proposition to buy both halves at the same time, you would be buying a complete firearm yet avoiding the tax. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.
View Quote
you are correct.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:14:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By glimmerman68: You can find almost everything you need in the EE. That's the only place I buy my mags from.
View Quote
Roger that!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:07:29 PM EDT
you can buy the upper and lower seperately and skip the FET. The catch is that you can only legally sell the two items seperately.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:40:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2003 7:41:29 PM EDT by az-ar]
I think all the complete rifles come with their 2-stage trigger. There is about a $75 between a complete lower with a 2 stage and one with the standard. So you are paying maybe about $30 extra considering the 2 stage trigger. Plus, you get a lifetime waranty on the whole rifle, which I don't think you get with putting the upper and lower together (not totally sure). edited for sounding repetetive
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:44:13 PM EDT
Top Top