Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 11:39:39 AM EDT
Just got my new Bushmaster 16" A2 carbine.  I've added an ACE skeleton stock and an EOTECH 512.  All didn't go smoothly.  

1) The sling attachment tightened at an unusual 45 degree angle to the stock.  This may be a non-issue as I intend to get a tactical sling for the rifle and may not end up using this attachment.  Anyone know what works with this kind of stock?  I'm looking to be able to transition to my sidearm by slimply sweeping the rifle to my weak side.  

2)The 6" DPMS see-through mount that attaches to the carrying handle doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence that it will stay tight and keep the optic where it belongs.  Is locktite the answer?  

3) I'm looking to replace the front sight with an XS tritium one.  Are these the way to go?  

4) I'm looking for a vertical grip and attachment rail combo?  Any suggestions?  

Thanks.  Tomorrow is the break-in and zero day.  RTAB1

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Vertical grip + light = Surefire M900A

Vertcal grip with seperate light = Tango Down Vertical Grip

If you get the XS front sight realise the big dot will make the tritium further off from the tip of your front sight than the small dot.

The sling attachment is at 45 degrees?  You mean the reciever QD swivel mount?  THat should not be.  If that is what you are saying you installed the stock wrong.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I will go with the small dot on the XS sight.  Appreciate the heads up.

As to the swivel mount, take a look at the CMMG site (www.cmmginc.com) under "stocks" and then again under the full lenght ACE stock.  Notice how the rear attachment hangs normally.  Mine is on a 45 degree angle (from 2 o'clock to 7 o'clock).  When I tightened up the swivel the hole ended up such that when I put the attachment in it it is at a 45 degree angle.  

I am going to have to go cheaper on the flashlight for the moment if I don't want my wife to kill me with this thing!  :O  

Any thoughts on the sling and locking down the EOTECH mount?  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top