Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/8/2003 5:28:32 PM EDT
When looking at 37mm launcher ammo, I always see bird bombs and some star-thingy. What are these/what do they do? Are they Legal?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:58:37 PM EDT
Kinda egg looking things they fly out a ways and shoot baby chickens out. really, they are kinda like a flare/firework, noise maker, made to scare birds outta fields. Yes legal in someplaces
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:55:41 PM EDT
We used to use a version of what your are talking about. The ones we would get came in a shotgun shell. They didn't make much noise and we would lob one on the other side of a flock of ducks if they landed out of range to get them to fly toward us. It was not quite as loud as an M80. It worked sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:21:55 PM EDT
The bird bombs are fun. I use a lot of 12 gauge bird bombs which are nothing more than a big firecracker with a long fuse that shoots out. We use them on the project I work at to haze wildlife (legally) to make sure the runways are clear of animal hazards, buy they are fun for other things as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:31:38 AM EDT
You can also take a bird bomb and put a fuse in it and use it just like an M80. They are more powerful than any firecracker you can legally buy but not quite as powerful as a M80.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:03:16 AM EDT
Farmers use them to chase birds out of the feilds, they are like a m-80 in a 12 ga shell. Make sur you clean your gun well after using them, They'll rust up metal fast.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:59:21 AM EDT
They also use bird bombs at airports to scare birds away so they don't damage planes on takeoff and landing.
Top Top