Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 5:52:20 PM EDT
I wonder how pizzed Carolyn McCarthy is right now.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it," Senator Schumer said.  "To let the assault weapons ban expire just as we are realizing its benefits would be a major setback in the success we've had in reducing crime over the last decade......

So Schumer is basically saying it doesn't need to be strengthened! Love it.

PRESS RELEASE: http://www.senate.gov/~feinstein/03Releases/r-assaultwepsrate1.htm

CRC
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Chuck is simply saying he will settle for renewal of the current AWB.  Of course he will as he ain't got a prayer of getting anything worse passed !

5sub
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Herein lies the danger: this may be seen by republican conservatives as a "reasonable" option, a compromise to keep eveyone happy, which of course it will not. Let us hope they do not betray their constituents because of re-electionitis.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that comment is what you call "back peddeling". Just because he doesn't care if it's political suicide I think you Southern Dem's do. Just ask Howard Dean he's taking a note from Gore's defeat.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
IBTL

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#5]
We shouldn't be happy it's being left alone instead of strengthened... that's how the laws are slowly tightening down on us. We should be happy when it sunsets.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top