Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 8:55:33 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking as always

I'm in the process of upgrading my M4 carbine and have a question about the detachable carry handle. I will be mounting an ACOG or CompM2 directly to the receiver rail for conventional use, but I also have a spare scope and ARMS #2 that I would like to mount and zero to the carry handle for occasional 300m plinking at the range.

My specific question is, how well does a detachable carry handle hold zero with an optic attached to it? Have any of you had problems?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
A better idea would be to get some ARMS #22 rings. The throw levers will hold a better zero than the knobs on your carry handle, plus you can get the scope down lower where it will work better.

If you get an Aimpoint get a ARMS #22M68 mount with spacer, or if you get an ACOG, get a ARMS #19s mount for it.

They make the best and most convienient repeat zero mounts there are! Throw the lever and your Aimpoint is on and zeroed. Throw the lever and take it off. Throw another lever to attatch your ACOG, throw it again and take it off. Throw a couple more levers and put your Leupold on.

ARMS makes it as easy as that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you sir [:)]

Any suggestions for where I should buy the #22 rings? My local dealer no longer carries ARMS products.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top