AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2003 8:22:24 AM EDT

From the Colt board:

Quoted:
Quoted:
NO, I DO NOT NEED ANY BUSINESS FROM THIS BOARD--IF YOU HAVE 40,000 MEMBERS THAT READ THIS CRAP THEN GOOD FOR YOU.  YOU ALL KNOW WHERE MY LE & GOVT SALES COMPANY STANDS.  I ONLY REGISTERED AND RESPONDED TO THIS THREAD BECAUSE SEVERAL PEOPLE E-MAILED ME AND ASKED ME TO.  I DO NOT READ THIS BOARD, NOR DO I CARE ONE BIT WHAT A FEW WHINY COMPUTER GEEKS HAVE TO SAY. FOR TECHBRUTE--YOU ARE A REALLY IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL HIDING BEHIND SOME MADE UP NAME (LIKE TEAMAR15DORK) SPOUTING YOUR MADE-UP COLT KNOWLEDGE.  MORE BS-INFO FROM YOUR "PIE-HOLE" FITS THE THEME OF THE SITE.  I'M REALLY GOING TO MISS YOUR NON-BUSINESS--GUYS LIKE YOU DEFINE INTERNET-COMMANDO AND BOTTOMFEEDER!!! THE ONLY REASON THAT I DID NOT TELL ALL YOU CLOWNS TO GO TO HELL--IS THAT YOU DO HAVE SOME GOOD GUYS WHO READ THIS BOARD.  I'M SURE THEY CAN FIGURE OUT WHO THEY ARE!  

NOTHING I HAVE SAID IN MY POSTS WAS NOT THE STRAIGHT-UP TRUTH AND IF IT HURT YOUR FEELINGS OR OFFENDED SOME OF YOU SOFT-SHOES, THAT'S WAY TOO BAD.  TAKE WHATEVER BUSINESS THAT YOU WERE NOT BRINGING TO MY COMPANY ANYWAY AND SHOVE IT....

IS THAT A CLEAR ENOUGH POSITION FOR YOU.

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR WEBSITE.

Don't know the guy. Never bought from him. How do you explain an attitude like this???? I can't.

Flame on, and I'm sure some of his friends will.

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
[beathorse]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=169140[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=169521[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=29&t=141226[/url]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I met him at my armorers training. He taught the class. He seemed like a nice guy.
Pat
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#4]
the guy is an ass....... IBTL!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
the guy is an ass....... IBTL!
View Quote

Maybe he stays in business because he had the "internet whiny Geek" part right. There are picky folks here who go on about things of no consequence.....and on and on and on. You don't hear this s***t in a gunshop. Obsessive compulsive disorder/behavior does have a bearing......like it or not.

I posted this specifically because I want to win a popularity contest.

and by the way......The KC Chiefs play tonight...I keep thinking they will lose but since they are obviously AR15 fans (that's the only explanation for their record) they will win. KC Chiefs and AR-15's....lifes only constants and true joys!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I get my parts from him and his wife Tina from time to time. They treated me with respect and courtsey.  I never had any problem with SAW and will continue to do business with them.  

This is an old issue, I just don't understand why people keep bring up this past incident.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't know the guy. Never bought from him.
View Quote
So what's your beef? Why bring it up?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Some folks just can not comprehend that not everyone in this world is a kissass.

Or caters to their train of thought!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd love to get the whole story. What provoked Ken to get him that upset. I've purchased from him several times, never a problem. Always very friendly and helpfull. Why has this been dug up again? Maybe some people just love causing trouble. Get a life and move on.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I think it's safe to say that this guy is a class-A (asshole) gunshop commando.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Please, no, not this again!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone who is in business and exercises that kind of poor judgement and loss of control  is not someone I care to do business with.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don't know the guy. Never bought from him.
View Quote
So what's your beef? Why bring it up?
View Quote

Not that I think I have to justify making a comment, after all 40,000 of us were personally insulted, but since you asked....

I find such behavior interesting in the business world, since there is never, ever, an excuse for such a response to a customer--whether that customer is right or wrong.

I especially find it interesting from someone who makes their living as a distributor of law enforcement weapons and as a trainer of law enforcement personnel, since a display of such behavior in a class or during a contract negotiation is guaranteed to put you out of business eventually.

It is especially interesting when someone whose business depends so much upon a relationship with one company--Colt--manages to totally alienate so much of the public from which they BOTH make their living. Trouble is, when you publish such a message in an open forum, you never know who is going to read it and have an opinion, do you?

But most of all, as a potential customer, I have to wonder what his response would be if he were called upon to resolve a serious misunderstanding with a contract, since I understand this all came up over something insignificant. His note certainly doesn't make me want to put him first on the list to call.

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I get my parts from him and his wife Tina from time to time. They treated me with respect and courtsey.  I never had any problem with SAW and will continue to do business with them.  

This is an old issue, I just don't understand why people keep bring up this past incident.  
View Quote

I feel the same way.  I've ordered from SAW on multiple occasions and have NEVER had any problems.  Ken has been very helpful in answering any/all Colt questions I've emailed him and is a wealth of information re: Colt and their products.

I for one will continue sending them my business if they have a Colt part that I'm looking for.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Trouble is, when you publish such a message in an open forum, you never know who is going to read it and have an opinion, do you?
View Quote
No, you don't. But then again, when reading an internet forum, it's kind of silly to take such general statements personally, isn't it?

I wasn't insulted by what he said. Should I be?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#16]
The people that keep bringing this up really need to get a life.  It's pretty clear from all of the posts that the people who know Ken, like him.  The people who don't know him, dont.  I personally like Ken.  I think he has a lot to offer and not only did I buy some merchandise from him, I got my entire rifle from him too.  

The people who know Ken would agree that he spent a lot of time in the military and he still talks the way most of us did when we were in the military too.  This can rub a lot of people the wrong way.  I spent 6 years in the military, so I have fun talking to him.  If you're offended by him, don't buy from him.  If you can appreciate where he's coming from, you'll have some of the best customer service anywhere.          
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Read it all before.
I have met him before, and am not offended by what he said.
After all, he wasn't talking to me.
And by the way, at least he had the balls to tell it the way he sees it.
If your offended, then don't deal with him or his company.
As for me, I'd rather deal with someone like him who is willing to speak up and spare the B.S.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#18]

So if I'm reading the last few posts right:

"He didn't REALLY say 'Unless you're a LE or GOVT customer you can take your business elsewhere. I don't need any business from the people on this board'"?
He didn't???? How much more clear can he make it? And if everyone here chooses to do as asked, why does anyone have a problem with that...?

"I know he's rough but he was in the military, so what"?
I never knew anyone in a military leadership position with this attitude who didn't get into trouble because of it. Past or present military service is no excuse for unprofessional behavior, and it never has been.  

"I've only had a great relationship with him".
"He's treated me right".
I'm sure that's true, but I wonder if you have ever had an occasion to ask him to do anything he didn't 100% want to do? Until then you don't know what the reaction would be, do you?

"Don't know why people keep bringing this up".
Well, has the attitude changed? Is this all ancient history, only happened once, and will never happen again? I don't think so. A person with this attitude has this attitude ALL the time. If you haven't seen it, it's only because it hasn't presented itself to you yet. It will.

"I know him so I love him".
Good for you. Just don't expect the rest of us to do the same.

"I like dealing with people who have shown they have a really poor attitude toward their customers".
Okay, I cheated. No one actually said that. I just read between the lines.

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Did we have to start a new thread just to re-hash the same quotes that we covered in the other 3 threads?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Guy, if you think there are actually 40,000 ACTIVE members here, you sir are as gullible as a 5 year old!

Forums such as these have been around many years.

During those years members have come and members have gone. Many members also hold multiple handles.

I would be surprised if there are more the a few thousand ACTUAL members and of those only a fraction are probably ACTIVE (posting) members!

Not everyone feels the need to "fit in" or jump on a "bandwagon" as you seem too.

If Ken's post offended you then ask yourself why! Does it apply to you (It must in some way since you felt compelled to dig it up)!?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Jesus, pal, just don't buy from him if it bothers you that much.

And try the decaf.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#22]

So it's okay to tell a FEW thousand people to take their business and "shove it"?

And the original question was_____________?

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Not that I think I have to justify making a comment, after all 40,000 of us were personally insulted, but since you asked....
View Quote

I'd [b]really[/b] appreciate it if you'd stick to speaking for yourself Chief. I am one of the 40,000 here and I wasn't insulted [b]at all[/b]. Why? Because Ken specifically said that it was his critics who could kiss off, not his customers. I happen to like his style. You see, the customer isn't always right. Sometimes the customer is a whiny little prick who needs to be reminded that the world doesn't revolve around him.

I'm also happy to report that when my FFL ordered my 6400c I insisted that he order it from sawlesales. Even though it cost me a few extra bucks it was worth it.

The funny thing is that I had never even heard of Ken Elmore prior to the pitchfork and cross burning ceremony in that original thread. After reading it from beginning to end I made up my mind that my new Colt would come from him. Not only will my next Colt come from Ken I just donated the funds to my father's PD for him to buy four Colt LE6920 carbines-and they are going to come from Ken too.

The aftermath of the character assassination attempt on the Elmore family has resulted in the sale of five units from me alone, and I will buy more in the future.

This thread just reminded me that I need to buy two spare barrel assemblies and three Colt reliability kits. I'll be placing that order tomorrow...

...with Ken.

Have a good evening.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Noooooo........ the topic the will not die
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#26]
SNIP
I think it's safe to say that this guy is a class-A (asshole) gunshop commando.

END

One think he is not is a wannabe gunshop commando. He has been in some hot spots and had some scars to prove it. He may not have treated you right not sure. But he is not a fake.
Pat
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
after all 40,000 of us were personally insulted...
View Quote

Get it right, it’s 39,999.

I was laughing my ass off.

Ken and Tina are good people and do great work.

If you’re that offended then don’t deal with them.

-Chris
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Get it right, it’s 39,999.
View Quote

Make that 39,998 [;)]

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Another satisfied customer
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Move along folks.  There is nothing to see here.  Move along....
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:03:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Some folks just can not comprehend that not everyone in this world is a kissass.

Or caters to their train of thought!
View Quote

Ya know what AKM, you are a man after my own heart. The guy who began this thread (forgot his name) is probably some sort of middle management clown that can't handle it when somebody doesn't kiss his ass and fluff his ego. The world needs more guys that have the "If you don't like it too F*CKING BAD! attitude" Stop your whining I don't know Ken Elmore but I already like him for  not kising your whiny ass and having some balls, something most men lack these days. If you read this Ken Elmore, keep up the good work buddy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#32]
This is kind of a nice suprise... Someone brought this topic back from the *double dead* and it is filled with about 85% pro-SAWSales response! Some folks really need to just get over this.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Let's see, Ken Elmore absolutely knows what he is doing with an AR, has served our Nation with honor and distinction, sells quality products at reasonable prices, and is willing to speak his mind--I knew there was a reason we buy stuff from him...
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Ken RULES!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I can immagine there are times when a so called customer may deserve everything that he is advised of. In this case I am getting the idea that the customer warrants Mr. Elmores response. Seems like the customer needed re assurance via a hug from us all.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#36]

It's back!
Good! There were alot of peOple who missed the original thread!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#37]
IBTL..like this and so many titles ,i.e. Marpat, AK vs. AR, BOTD, Milsup, and now SAW. lol.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's back!
Good! There were alot of peOple who missed the original [b][red]5[/red][/b] threads!
View Quote

Sorry _DR but I had to correct your post [;)]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Ken for President!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#40]

5 there were indeed.

However Ken went back and  edited much of the more insulting stuff after he saw what kind of reaction he was getting, so the true threads will never be seen again. But I think we all got the General Idea.

There were those of us who defended Ken, those who were insulted by him, and those who were mildly amused by the whole thing. I have to say I fell in the last category.

Did ken promote his business by making it's name known to unbelievers? Or did he hurt it by tarnishing his repute as a gentleman?  

YOU be the judge!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Did ken promote his business by making it's name known to unbelievers? Or did he hurt it by tarnishing his repute as a gentleman?

YOU be the judge!
View Quote

Completely agree. I judged the veracity of his words by ordering my carbine from him, as well as four LEO carbines. I just passed judgement again by ordering a bunch of parts.

Let freedom ring!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#42]
It's about manners, pure and simple.  There is a polite way to insult those that are being juvenile and/or you disagree with.  But that takes maturity and a sense of humor, neither of which I detected in any of his posts.  Instead he gave me that small man/big mouth vibe.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's about manners, pure and simple.  There is a polite way to insult those that are being juvenile and/or you disagree with.  But that takes maturity and a sense of humor, neither of which I detected in any of his posts.  Instead he gave me that small man/big mouth vibe.  
View Quote

Opinions are like assholes I guess. Ken isn't twisting anyones arm to buy from him, and some people have a real problem with that. Most people are accustomed to having a merchant kiss their asses and beg for their business. Ken isn't one of those merchants and some people just can't come to grips with that, so they constantly bring those threads up in a laughable attempt to hurt Ken's bottom line.

Personally I think it's hysterical that the pitchfork and cross burners here have such a grossly inflated sense of their own importance. They seem to forget that they could all die tomorrow and the world wouldn't even notice. As far as hurting Ken's customer base most of them weren't his customers to begin with, so all they succeed in doing is motivating people like me to spend a few grand with him becasue he has a business style that I can respect.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Put me down for another satisfied customer of Ken. Good guy in my book.

Been buying from him for years, when he used to haul all his AR goodies to the Crossroads of the West show Pomona, here in SOCAL.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Yet another nail in the coffin of good customer service.  Next time you are in a restaurant, most of you will be happy if the serving staff spits in your food.  You'll be saying:  "Well at least they didn't crap in it".
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yet another nail in the coffin of good customer service.  Next time you are in a restaurant, most of you will be happy if the serving staff spits in your food.  You'll be saying:  "Well at least they didn't crap in it".
View Quote

That's where you're dead wrong. His service [b]is[/b] great to his customers. Clearly you have never spent a dime with Ken, otherwise you'd know this already.

Just to clarify, you aren't a customer until you actually buy something.

His diatribe here had nothing to do with customer service, because his critics aren't his customers and never, ever will be.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's where you're dead wrong. His service [b]is[/b] great to his customers. Clearly you have never spent a dime with Ken, otherwise you'd know this already.

His diatribe here had nothing to do with customer service, because his critics aren't his customers and never, ever will be.
View Quote

Dude, get a clue.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Dude, get a clue.
View Quote

That's about the level of profoundness I expected in your reply. It see it only took you two minutes to answer, how did you pull it off?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Dude, get a clue.
View Quote

That's about the level of profoundness I expected in your reply. It see it only took you two minutes to answer, how did you pull it off?
View Quote

This must be your years of customer service experience speaking?  Do you want your food with spit or shit?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Dude, get a clue.
View Quote

View Quote

This must be your years of customer service experience speaking?  Do you want your food with spit or shit?
View Quote

Sorry, but your comparison [b]is[/b] shit.

You seem to think that what Elmore did is akin to a waiter spitting on a patrons food. Wrong again Sluggo...

What Elmore did is akin to a waiter telling a person to buzz off for bitching about the quality of the steak on the menu, even though the asswipe who was doing the bitching had never actually tried the steak, and had no intention of eating there in the first place.

If you aren't intelligent enough to see the difference then quite frankly you have much bigger problems that go far beyond the scope of this discussion.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top