Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2003 4:48:48 PM EDT
I would like to buy a AR10 for christmas but have heard horror stories about their reliability, are these stories true? im talking about bone stock from the dealer, do they have problems or not? anybody with a AR10 please give me your opinions. i would like to know the truth about these rifles before i buy one, if i buy one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:51:06 PM EDT
A) I'd politely suggest you visit the AR-10 section of the AR Forum. B) I own an AR-10B model. It's never once crapped out on me despite me using the cheapest ammo I can find. The Armalite AR-10 is a wonderfully accurate rifle. It would be hard to imagine a better made gun nor a more accurate one. I'll never sell mine!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/16/2003 9:03:50 AM EDT by QCMGR]
I have an AR-10T and picked this up at Camp Perry: [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=15983[/img] .33 MOA with the T and the Government Model is almost as good.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:55:52 PM EDT
AR10's are top-top of the line, and great people behind. Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 7:13:35 PM EDT
Well, you must be warned, they eat a lot, but at least none of mine have been picky eaters.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 6:52:54 AM EDT
My experience is the A4's will eat just about anything. My (T)'s don't like rapid fire (match chamber tightens up) and are particular on the ammo (hates Port. Surp.) Accuracy on the A4 is about 1.5 to 1 moa avg., but the (T)'s are .6 to .4 moa. Don't shoot one unless you have the money saved, you'll buy it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:09:12 PM EDT
Posted by BobCole: A) I'd politely suggest you visit the AR-10 section of the AR Forum. B) I own an AR-10B model. It's never once crapped out on me despite me using the cheapest ammo I can find. The Armalite AR-10 is a wonderfully accurate rifle. It would be hard to imagine a better made gun nor a more accurate one. I'll never sell mine! ____________________________________________ I could'nt have said it better myself! I almost did not buy an AR-10 because of all the internet horror stories that I read about. I am glad that I did not listen to those guys. Most of the guys who were doing the bitching did not even own one!Buy it! You will be glad that you did!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:55:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/19/2003 9:06:06 AM EDT by 5subslr5]
Originally Posted By Ghostface: Posted by BobCole: A) I'd politely suggest you visit the AR-10 section of the AR Forum. B) I own an AR-10B model. It's never once crapped out on me despite me using the cheapest ammo I can find. The Armalite AR-10 is a wonderfully accurate rifle. It would be hard to imagine a better made gun nor a more accurate one. I'll never sell mine! ____________________________________________ I could'nt have said it better myself! I almost did not buy an AR-10 because of all the internet horror stories that I read about. I am glad that I did not listen to those guys. Most of the guys who were doing the bitching did not even own one!Buy it! You will be glad that you did!
View Quote
[b]"Most of the guys who were doing the bitching did not even own one !!"[/b] That has been my experience also. Too many people too often quoting(?) my-brother's-friend's-uncle-who knew-someone-that................ .
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:27:32 AM EDT
Now, go do the right da-da-damn thing. [:D] Dave S
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:06:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DaveS: Now, go do the right da-da-damn thing. [:D] Dave S
View Quote
Above post ed-ited for clarity !!
Top Top