Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2003 3:16:05 PM EDT
I just bought a Wilson Combat M4T with a C-More Tactical sight.  This is my first AR15 and I don't know much about customizing them.  I ordered an RRA collapsible buttstock.  Will it fit and how hard is it to replace the standard stock.  I know I should have researched before I bought since it seems most of you think WC is overpriced, but what's done is done.  Anyway, what do you think of this setup and what should I get next?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't do it. The wilson is post ban and you can't have a functioning tele-stock on a post ban rifle. Now, if it's fixed, it's okay.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the threads, but your first post probably should have been asking if this was even legal for you to do... Which it is not unless it is fixed like Stryfe stated. Dang, now you will have to buy a pre-ban rifle to put it on! I bet you are mad now, huh? [:D] [;)] Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You can't do it. The wilson is post ban and you can't have a functioning tele-stock on a post ban rifle. Now, if it's fixed, it's okay.
View Quote
What Stryfe said.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  Are you guys saying it won't fit or I'm not supposed to put it on since it is illegal?  What do you think of the gun and sight?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  Are you guys saying it won't fit or I'm not supposed to put it on since it is illegal?  What do you think of the gun and sight?
View Quote

Not supposed to be on there, post ban gun and all.  Illegal.  Nice rifle, don't know nothing of the sight, sorry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hang on to it. I don't think it's illegal to own it. It is illegal to put it on the rifle. It will fit. It is just not legal. The good news is, that if we all do our part, it should be right as rain come 9/04. Then, you can put it on.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Stryfe.  Can someone please tell me why my M4 costs more than others.  There has to be some justification.  (I know I should have spent the money on a nice pre-ban) Also, how do you use the optics.  Where on the rail should it be mounted (rear, middle or forward).  Should I keep the C-More or is there something better.   These are probably silly questions but I need help.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Niko, place your sight just as far forward as you can.  This puts a greater distance between your eye and the sight giving you better accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#9]
[url=http://www.wilsoncombat.com/store.cgi?&shop=city&Category=30300]Wilson M4T[/url]
They don't really mention anything more than this:
We start with precision CNC machined 7075 T6 upper and lower receivers that are matched by hand. A master rifle-smith then carefully assembles and fits the rifle with our best-quality barrel and an outstanding JP trigger group that breaks cleanly at 3 pounds. The result is a Tactical Rifle you can stake your life on that is guaranteed to shoot 1 MOA at 100 yards with high-quality ammunition.
View Quote

That, and the name, are what you paid extra for. There isn't any reason to feel bad, you got a nice rifle. The reason people here are down on them is that most are looking for a good defensive rifle, and those requirements can be met for less money. The wilsons and les baers exceed the average expectation, and what they add isn't worth the cost to most.
So, get some ammo, and get to shootin'
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel better now.  The reason I picked the rifle is because it just "felt" better.  Sounds goofy but it just did.  One more question.  When using the iron sights you have to look through the lens of the C-more sight.  Is this a benefit due to slight magnification or will the shot be off?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Okay, I've been reading more here and have discovered that the C-More is a POS according to many.  I can return it and get something else.  What should I get?  Please recommend optics and mounts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Okay, I've been reading more here and have discovered that the C-More is a POS according to many.  I can return it and get something else.  What should I get?  Please recommend optics and mounts.
View Quote

Well, don't know if the C-More is a POS or not, but the EoTech rules.  Don't let those Aimpoint snobs tell you different.  [:D]  Then again, if you REALLY have some money pick up an ACOG.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Congrats on joining the AR club.  That's a nice AR.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top