Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/6/2003 10:36:21 AM EDT
I want a quick release mount for my Eotech, something similiar to a quick release system that bike tires have, ya know, like a throw lever.

Doubtful I will ever put my Eotech through the paces it was designed for, but it would be a cool QD feature.

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:01:22 AM EDT
I've never heard of one. Just keep a quarter in your pocket for the slot in the factory knob.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:14:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2003 11:41:30 AM EDT by thelastgunslinger]
The EOTech is designed to mount directly to the flattop. If you raise it with most mounts, it will no longer co-witness with your irons sights. The only exception that I am aware of is the ARMS #54, which is a throw lever mount designed for EOTechs that will let you see the irons underneath the mount. I was considering it, but then I realized that with the co-witness, there was really not much need to have a quick detach. Plus the mount raises the sight significantly, and I thought it would be up too high for my tastes. If you are interested, Cal's Sporting Armory here in Denver sells it for $99. http://www.calssportingarmory.com/ARMSnumberLR1EO.htm
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:48:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:00:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2003 12:02:03 PM EDT by 223Rem]
I am aware of the ARMS Throw lever EoTech mount, but that was primarily for individual's wearing heavy body armor and gas masks, not what I was thinking. Instead of the thumb screw attaching to the locking bolt, how about a throw lever? This would not change the height of the optic at all and allow for extremely fast disengagement for a BUIS. Just messing around, I found it easy to flip a single throw lever on my #19S ACOG with my left hand and go to BUIS than it was to engage the #40 with my right. This way my right hand never has to leave the grip area.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:57:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2003 2:00:25 PM EDT by Lockedon]
You know what pisses me off? I've got an ARMS #50, which was designed to allow you to co-witness your eotech sight. However, if you have an AA model eotech, you can't replace the batteries without removing the eotech! I have yet to figure out what the hell ARMS was thinking when they put that "bump" (see picture below) in at the end of the rail. I would definatly like some kind of quick detach leveler. Other than that I'm pretty happy with my setup, and that my only complaint. [img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/062965-big.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:10:12 PM EDT
Lockedon, That little knob at the end of you #50 for for a PEQ mount. Push the pin back, drop the mount on, secure the pin and screw it down. Very similiar to the #45 and #46. The #45 and #46 has the PEQ mount invert so the picatinny rail is available, so just do the same for mounting. On the #50 the PEQ mount is an addition cost. But seriously, wouldn't an integrated flip or throw lever system on the Eotech be a HUGE improvement?
Top Top