Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/3/2003 4:21:19 PM EDT
Was it me or was anyone else going through withdrawals with the forum down???

I glad to see it up and going. It's like my best friend came back from the dead!

Now they just need the forum to run faster....

ls
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:32:37 PM EDT
Defenite withdrawls.......I keep forgetting about preban.com so after I was done with my stuff on m96.org.......I was really bored. Played a lot of HALO and a hell of a lot of Solitaire.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:33:20 PM EDT
lol I was missing the place too, man. Maybe not as much as you, but there were a few times when I wanted to pop in and say 'hi' but couldn't.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:35:21 PM EDT
Spent a lot of time on tactical forums and lightfighter waiting for this thing to come back up... I was almost all the way through withdrawl!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:39:47 PM EDT
Last time it went down there was at least a link to a realtime chat forum, wish I had of bookmarked that then.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:43:26 PM EDT
I don't post a lot, but visit all the time. DEFINITE withdrawal pains!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:44:35 PM EDT
[url]http://chat.ar15.com/[/url] this is where i ended up, it was aiight, real time chat.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:49:17 PM EDT
Thank God I'm not the only one. I was getting sick of Minesweeper and Pinball and checking the site every 10 minutes. I was so bored I read through all 15(?) pages of the KKF discussion forums one night. Scott
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:56:13 PM EDT
I resorted to reading over at ar15.gunsnet. how sad am I? They're absolutely barren over there compared to ar15.com. [sleep]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:37:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2003 5:38:02 PM EDT by Lockedon]
I was going through some SERIOUS withdrawls! As a college student who isn't into clubs and getting drunk, this was pretty much my only spare time entertainment....how sad is that addiction? I found myself on ak-47.net and hkpro.com, but neither one of those got anywhere near my beloved AR15.com forum.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:27:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lockedon: I was going through some SERIOUS withdrawls! As a college student who isn't into clubs and getting drunk, this was pretty much my only spare time entertainment....how sad is that addiction? I found myself on ak-47.net and hkpro.com, but neither one of those got anywhere near my beloved AR15.com forum.
View Quote
A college student who's not into to getting drunk? WTF? [slap] Well atleast you like guns. I'll drink to that. [beer]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:32:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gunny_Highway:
Originally Posted By Lockedon: I was going through some SERIOUS withdrawls! As a college student who isn't into clubs and getting drunk, this was pretty much my only spare time entertainment....how sad is that addiction? I found myself on ak-47.net and hkpro.com, but neither one of those got anywhere near my beloved AR15.com forum.
View Quote
A college student who's not into to getting drunk? WTF? [slap] Well atleast you like guns. I'll drink to that. [beer]
View Quote
Only because alcohol is expensive...I could be spending that money on AR's or AR accessories! And in order to get drunk for free I'd have to go to parties, which I'm not a perticular fan of. [:(] Addict to the worst degree I tell you!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:34:17 PM EDT
Yeah man!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:46:09 PM EDT
Lockedon, Wait until you get out of college. Then you can sit at home in your underwear drinking AND reading AR15.com. Not that I know from experience. Scott
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:51:11 PM EDT
Whenever I opened Internet Explorer I clicked on AR15.com Forums from my favorite bookmarks. I was just accustomed to it that I clicked AR15.com every single damned time when I opened up separate browsers. My brain acted slower than my finger...when I realized "Dumbass AR15.com is down" my finger already had done it. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:59:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lockedon: Only because alcohol is expensive...I could be spending that money on AR's or AR accessories! And in order to get drunk for free I'd have to go to parties, which I'm not a perticular fan of. [:(] Addict to the worst degree I tell you!
View Quote
I guess it's time to start drinking the cheap stuff. Hello Nati Ice! [brick] You can get 18 of them for only $10. Or better yet, go and try to find yourself some Shlitz. In other words, get drunk! I'll even pay for it. Are you in the Atlanta area? No man should have to choose between his beer and his guns. [banghead]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:05:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By watertower: Lockedon, Wait until you get out of college. Then you can sit at home in your underwear drinking AND reading AR15.com. Not that I know from experience. Scott
View Quote
Oh I can't wait until that day. Somehow I don't think my roommate would appreciate that though. Ahhh. . . Screw him, I'm the one with the guns.[pistol]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:13:27 PM EDT
Well, I got a lot of new brass prepped for reloading. Now that the board is up I'll have to wait for Winter to set in so I can get cought up on my reloading.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:16:10 PM EDT
The crash of the site was the only way I got through my exams... I was reduced to studying
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:17:58 PM EDT
I must say, normally I would have been up til 12am or 1 reading and researching on AR15.com, but instead I was stuck playing Americas Army. Sleep deprivation playing video games just isnt as rewarding as AR15.com. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:41:01 PM EDT
Damn! I am glad that I am also not the only one. Everytime I tried to log on and was denied I PANICed. I looked at other sites and felt, their aint nothing else out there. There was some decent stuff but nothing like this website and all of the people that frequent this site. Tonight when I finally got home and got on the net, and the site was BACK, It was like a big weight was lifted off my shoulder. I don't post that often but I check here daily. This site is my breakaway from the regular hectic life. Every person here makes this sight a wonderful thing to wake up to in the morning! Might sound really weird, but that is how I feel! Thank you
Top Top