Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2003 12:39:18 PM EDT
On 8-20-03 I ordered an Armalite SS 16" barrel kit BK15A4TC(upgrade to a (T) barrel).
After 4 weeks I received it in the mail.  Upon examining the barrel it appeared as if the muzzle brake was pressed on at a 45 degree angle from the gas block.  The gas block and the muzzle brake were tight.  I was a little peeved because I thought it was a factory defect after waiting for 4 weeks.  I spoke with an ARMALITE sales rep and questioned him about it's condition.  He agreed that it appeared to be a defect.  We haggled over some free merchandise and I shipped it back the same day for a replacement.
On 9-26 I received a phone call from Nick in the shop.  He avised me that it was not defective and here is why:
The picatinny gas block is held in place by two allen screws.  When the "kit" is shipped the parts or partially assembled (ie. the name kit).  The gas block is likely not aligned with the barrel gas port.  In order to properly assemble the kit, remove the gas tube roll pin, and remove the gas tube.  Attach the barrel and barrel nut into the upper receiver with the muzzle brake aligned horizontally.  This should line up the barrel gas port with the gas block port.  Replace the gas tube and roll pin.  Tighten the allen screws.
If you happen to order the BK15A4TC kit, don't think it is defective.  If you have a question about the condition of the kit when you receive it, speak with someone in the shop.  They would know better than sales if it is right or not.
Luckily I didn't raise a stink too early and get foot-in-mouth-syndrome.
I wonder if I will still get the free T-shirt and coffee mug?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top