Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 5:02:57 PM EDT
Just got a Surefire M-900 that I'm mounting on a rail underneath my M4 handguards. Problem is that the front sling attatchment hangs down far enough that it taps the very top of  light.

I'm getting a side sling adapter next week, so I don't think I need it. So should I just remove it? And if so, how do I go about it? Just punch that pin out from the side?
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The best way that I have found to remove the rivet holding the front sling swivel on is to use a rotary tool with one of the cutting wheels. Just grind off the end that is the thinnest.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used a punch on 2 of my Bushmaster uppers.  One good thwack and 2 decent taps and it's out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Put down the Dremel and step away before anybody gets hurt!

The rivet is made of a very soft metal.  The end with the hole in it (where the metal was bent into place when the rivet was installed) can be driven out by doing like Vinnie said and use a very small punch to drive it out.  I've had the best results using a pair of pliers to squeeze the open end so that there is less metal holding the rivet in place then using a nail punch to drive it out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top