Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2003 6:09:01 PM EDT
I bought some night sights recently, no problem on installing the front. However, I have no clue how to replace the rear peep sight.
No instructions came with said sights, and the packaging says "professional gunsmithing required." Bunk. Can anyone post a source, as I cannot seem to find one on the web or this site.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Very simple, but you have to be careful.

1) Over a white sheet (to help you see lost parts) carfully drive out the roll pin from the rear sight windage knob with a 1/16 punch.  (either direction)

2) carefully slip windage knob off, holding the rifle with the windage knob down, to catch small spring and ball.

3) unscrew the shaft from the rear apeture with flathead driver.

Replace in reverse.

DO THIS OVER A WHITE SHEET TO CATCH SMALL PARTS, and be carfull with the roll pin!

Tex78

Edited to make clearer
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Done and done.
Thanks Tex
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top