Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 11:36:50 AM EDT
How bad would the muzzle flash be from a 7 1/2" bbl. AR pistol?  I'd think it'd be very bad.  Would one of the 5 1/2" flash hiders like is  used on the XM177 copies help and how much?   Just kickin' around some ideas and needed some info.  Talk to ya'll later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a vortex flash hider on my olyarms 7" AR and muzzle flash is virtually non-existent.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Alot of it depends on the the ammo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I load for my pistol and use a pretty fast powder for a 223. I get no flash that I can notice.
Using most factory loads I get a ton o flash with a phantom on the end. I set my carry bag on fire from it once when I was resting the gun on it shooting.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I use to own a carbon-15 pistol (7.5" barrel) and when I shot some Q3131A or LC M193 out of that out that guy I would be temporarily blinded by the flash. I'm not kidding here, I actually would loose sight of the target through the red dot scope that was mounted on that handgun. Order of events: see target, shot, flash, see target again. I sold that toy for a real Bushmaster 20" AR15. Unless you have a vortex or phantom flash suppressor I wouldn't get an AR-15 pistol.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
J3_
What kind of load (powder) are you using.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I load for my pistol and use a pretty fast powder for a 223. I get no flash that I can notice.
Using most factory loads I get a ton o flash with a phantom on the end. I set my carry bag on fire from it once when I was resting the gun on it shooting.
View Quote

Hahaha, I know thats not something to laugh at, but I was sitting here bored and read that. Made me laugh out loud [:D]

Hearing all this talk about big muzzle flashes on the ar15 pistols makes me want to get one now...dangit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a 6" bbl. OA-93 pistol in .223 & 7.62x39.  The 30 cal. had a garbage can size flame ball and was a hoot to shoot at an indoor range.  The .223 had no flash (vortex FH) & no recoil, but was that sumbitch LOUD.  
-TF
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top