Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2003 7:19:19 AM EDT
anyone have any experience with them. looking to build a lite-weight car style ar. have both a 16" & 20" in standard style, putting together a 24" target model now. so now I want the shortest/lightest(Room Broom) I can put together on a post ban lower.

any ideas/ pics would be helpful
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:33:38 AM EDT
I put together a RRA upper/lower with a Bushmaster 16" lightweight bbl and used an entry stock for my Wife. She's 5'0" and petite, the entry stock fits her perfect. I wear 35" sleaves and while I can use it it's not comfortable for me. I think another Inch length would make a big differance. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:37:19 AM EDT
Like SGB I find the stubby stock not quite enough. Try an old A1 fixed stock if you can find one...much better for me. I believe there are some being made new again now, but not sure by who.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:44:38 AM EDT
thanks for the help, I think cav arms makes a stock C1?? that's made to A1 stock length. going to see how that works out
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:50:57 AM EDT
Another option you have is to use the stuby stock with a side sling adaptor that will increase it another inch. If that is still uncomfortable or too short you can add a 1" extender butt pad. I'm doing exactly this for a CAR I'm putting together. A fellow user on this site, Precisioniu, has a BM shorty stock and a 1" extender for sale. Shoot him an e-mail or IM him. He still had it as of a week ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:15:45 AM EDT
I have the bushmaster stubby stock and 1" butt extender also. It fits me perfectly. not too long, not too short.
Top Top